Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs Explains Missing IBF's Second-Day Weigh-In for GGG Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ce1ska View Post
    I'm not sure if you're trolling or illiterate. It says they will remove sanction of the bout if the challenger does not sign the contract.

How does it make any sense that the IBF would strip Gennady of the title because the challenger refused to sign? No one can be this dumb, hope you're just trolling.
    Yeah that LOLffler guy is confused big-time. I think if he would just go back and read what he wrote he might realize how much sense it does NOT make.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgtairborne24 View Post
      Yeah that LOLffler guy is confused big-time. I think if he would just go back and read what he wrote he might realize how much sense it does NOT make.
      I'm not confused at all. It was a WBA mandatory not IBF.

Comment

Why are people calling this a robbery? GGG controlled rounds 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, and 12 knocked down Jacobs in 4 and hurt him bad in rd 9= 115-112 no disputing that by any means. Robberies are your Pacquaio/Bradley, Lara/Williams, Marquez/Pac III, Cintron/Martinez, Whitaker/Chavez and many more. If Jacobs/Golovkin was a robbery, than some individuals need to re-assess the meaning of robbery + to be champ you gotta beat the champ decisively and Jacobs, although had a good performance, did not beat the champ.

Comment

As I've said the last 2 years all you need is footwork and strict vada testing to beat GGG. Jacobs almost pulled it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            All these GGGTards over Jacobs being too big are a bunch of HYPOCRITES because half you @SS clowns wanted, BEGGED to see GGG fight Floyd Mayweather. Had NO PROBLEM with that circus fight. Even called Floyd a ducker!!!

GGG fans have no SHAME. Very hard to respect ANY of them. I used to think Pac had the most obnoxious fans on the PLANET... GGGTards have NOTHING on them. At least PAC has put in the work to be a diva and SOLD a SHT TON more of PPV's. Has a who's who list of A-Siders he's BEATEN.
            Nobody is crying dude, damn it's just a simple observation he looked alot bigger and probably had 15 pounds on Golovkin, who knows. Just a observation man so chill, it's ok. And I knew it was only a matter of time before someone typed "GGGTards". Gotta love it, only on boxingscene.

Comment

Originally posted by LOLffler View Post
              The fight was a WBA mandatory not IBF. If Jacobs didn't sign the IBF wouldn't have sanctioned the bout, if they don't sanction the bout Golovkin would have had 2 choices.

1. Fight Jacobs and be stripped for fighting an unsanctioned bout by the IBF.

2. Don't fight Jacobs and be stripped by the WBA for not fighting a mandatory.

Jacobs did Golovkin a massive favour.

Here's how the IBF chairman sees the rule:
              "5H pertains to a IBF Champion who takes a fight without IBF approval. Example: If Clinton Woods fights Joe Calzaghe without getting an Exception from the IBF, that's an Unsanctioned fight - Lindsey Tucker
              That's my final post on this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
                It was unprofessional to skip the IBF morning of weigh in but I don't blame Jacobs for wanting to bulk up as much as possible against a puncher like Gennady. He is the one that was willing to pay the consequence of sacrificing the IBF belt. It almost paid off too. He came close to upsetting the apple cart in the big apple.
                Originally posted by mabulkhair View Post
                Why are people calling this a robbery? GGG controlled rounds 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, and 12 knocked down Jacobs in 4 and hurt him bad in rd 9= 115-112 no disputing that by any means. Robberies are your Pacquaio/Bradley, Lara/Williams, Marquez/Pac III, Cintron/Martinez, Whitaker/Chavez and many more. If Jacobs/Golovkin was a robbery, than some individuals need to re-assess the meaning of robbery + to be champ you gotta beat the champ decisively and Jacobs, although had a good performance, did not beat the champ.

Good post, i had it 8-4 GGG, Jacobs didnt do anything special

Comment

Originally posted by Ce1ska View Post
                  Here's how the IBF chairman sees the rule:

That's my final post on this topic.
                  Of course it is you were proven wrong. Goodbye.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                    As I've said the last 2 years all you need is footwork and strict vada testing to beat GGG. Jacobs almost pulled it off.
                    Golovkin outlanded him by 60, threw more and connected at a 6% higher rate and got knocked down. I wouldn't say he almost pulled it off. I will say it was a good competitive bout but I don't think Sanchez or Golovkin ever felt like oh snap we might have a chance of losing this fight. Having said that, I would pay to watch the rematch though because it was a good boxing match. If had been a mirror image of Porter vs Thurman then yeah I could see the almost pulled it off statement but even in that fight their compubox numbers were almost identical. I do not solely go by compubox stats but more than not they do a good job of painting a picture of the fight.

Comment

[QUOTE=Sgtairborne24;17525698]
                      Originally posted by mapleleaf27 View Post
                      What's the big deal everyone arguing? It's so funny before the fight most said if GGG won this would legitimize his resume. Now people are dumping on DJ. It was a good fight. People on here acting like they never saw a 2-1 baseball game or a 17-14 nfl game. It was a close contest, happens in all sports. DJ was not interested in winning the IBF m.w. title, he figured size advantage would help him. He was wrong. Nothing else to see here.[/QUOT

Exactly!!! I agree with everything you said although if it was a baseball game I'd go with a 3 to 1 score and football 21-14. Golovkin landed almost 60 more punches while throwing more and landing at a 6% higher connect rate.
                      I stand corrected! Yea was trying to relate to other sports, there are always close ones look at this great ncaa tourney this year!

Comment

Working...
                      X