Collapse
No announcement yet.

KRS-One: Real Men Don't Exist in Mainstream Hip-Hop

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont get what people are complain about, a bunch of old ass rappers trying to advanced its all over now take it like a man!

Comment

KRS-ONE is right. Rap is a joke now.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        He's right:

Fat Joe also has some insight in the industry:

I think that's got to go down as my favourite youtube video title in history.

Comment

KRS is dope and he's in my Top 10 All Time.

But to dismiss ALL mainstream rap???

Kendrick is dope. Logic can rap his ass off. Cole is dope. Schoolboy Q has his moments. Even Mac Miller (if you consider him mainstream) has dropped back to back solid albums.

Now I agree with the Waynes, Drakes, Meek Mills, Rick Ross, Fetty Waps, etc. They are straight garbage for the most part.

Comment

And people that say Ehhh rap just sucks now, all of it, clearly don't know what they are talking about.

Joey Badass, Logic, Kendrick, Cole, Yelawolf, Run the Jewels with Killer Mike and El-P, Vince Staples, Schoolboy Q, Ab Soul, Mac Miller, Tyler the Creator, Earl sweatshirt, Big KRIT, etc.

Not to mention you still got legends like Nas, his last album Life is Good was pretty dope. And though I dislike a lot of Ems new music since, his last real album, MMLP2 was probably his best since Eminem Show. And you have underground legends with Atmosphere still dropping music.

Rap is A HELL OF A LOT BETTER than it was say a decade ago.

Comment

he's right.

when a canadian jewish teeny bopper child actor becomes #1 p4p rapper in hip hop like drake something has gone terribly wrong.

then in an effort to be more "real", he hires 90s crack king pins like j prince to get him street cred.

you got mackelmore winning awards because he mentions gays smdh......

i support gay right and gay marraige but pushing down ****sexuality as being the new norm is not right.

being gay is still not normal even tho i support gay rights and gay marriage.

Comment

Didn't see the video yet. but I tend to agree. I grew up on that Mobb Deep, Pac, Big, Pun, Snoop Doggystyle, Nas and I don't even know how much more. But when I listen to rap now, I want to vomit.

Pac keeping it hood and lil wayne running around in leopard print leotards tongue kissing birdman. Yeah, not the same.

Comment

Working...
                X