No announcement yet.

Kessler vs Froch 2: Your pick?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
    That's essentially what he was doing the first time, but Kessler's aggression forced him into firefight and a lot of wild,indecisive exchanges.And more often than not, I'd favour Froch in that type of fight - he strikes me as being a little more durable,a little more heavy-handed and I think he's held up better over the last three years than Kessler has.

Wouldn't rule out the possibility of him stopping Kessler, actually.
    Spot on. Froch was boxing well for the first three rounds then Kessler started chopping him so Froch had to chop back.

Comment

thought Freedom. made a poll on this.

but i'll say the same thing i always say. Froch is stopping this guy. Kassler's excuse-makers will say that he was tight at 168 and weight-drained.

Comment

Froch gained a lot of experience in the last couple years. He was arrogant in the Super Six and thought he would just blow Kessler away in the first fight. Now he's more disciplined, training harder, and has a plan A, B and C for Kessler.

Comment

I picked Kessler in the first one. Think i'm leaning towards Froch in the rematch.

Comment

Home advantage should play its part. Im picking Froch on points but if it was in Denmark Id be picking Kessler again.

They are evenly matched so the hard to score rounds will sway in the home fighters direction. Both have heart, warrior spirit and will to win and its hard to seperate them in the qualities they share although id give Kess a slight edge in punch power and Carl perhaps can absorb a better shot now.

One of the best fighst that can be made in the sport. Hope the best man wins and the judges get it right

Comment

I think one of them gets stopped. They're older fighters now and have been through a lot of wars. It would be surprising to see them go through 12 rounds of the punishment they dealt each other last time out.

The pessimist in me has gone for Kessler via bodyshot, hope I'm wrong
              Last edited by Weebler I; 02-11-2013, 09:51 AM.

Comment

50/50.. Kessler will be the aggressor though

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  I think one of them gets stopped. They're older fighters now and have been through a lot of wars. It would be surprising to see them go through 12 rounds of the punishment they dealt each other last time out.

The pessimist in me has gone for Kessler via bodyshot, hope I'm wrong
                  Aahh. Bodyshots. That and pressure was Kessler's keys to victory last time. Has Froch learned to fight off of the back foot since then? That's the question because Kessler is going to bring that pressure again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                    Froch by clear UD
                    he'll be too aggressive for Kessler this time
                    he deserved the decision in the 1st fight, but coulda pressed harder
                    he shoulda known any close rds in Denmark would go to Kessler
                    he's got more momentum going for himself than Kessler going in
                    he'll go right through him this time, but won't stop him
                    His aggression will be shut down midrounds because of Kesslers bodywork. No chance that he can bullrush in like he did against Bute.

Comment

Froch wins by clear ud. Wouldn't be too surprised if he gets the stoppage either.

Comment

Working...
                      X