Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live: Cuba vs. Mexico World Series of Boxing (Cuban Team Makes Debut)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    He also got kd'd hard!

In general i thought he looked poor considering the talent i believe he has. I suppose it could take a while to get used to no headgear n stuff
    Erislandy has always had a shaky chin though.............i remember seeing him on wobbly legs and down (with headgear on)

always goes down............nothing new.

Comment

• are there no white cubans left? lol where are the abril looking guys

Comment

• Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post

They posted the full match, im actually surprised even the tomato cans of the Cuban team dont have chin problems as i thought they would its more of a running out of gas problem for them.

Savon got mad that dude knocked him down in the first round and started throwing foreal lol.

I hope the Mexican team didn't pay much for that guy from Morocco matter of fact even if he was free they got robbed. Dude wouldn't throw, the Cuban super HW had his hands on his side was slow as fk after the 2nd round because he was gassing and nothing was he planning to wear his hands down with his face?.

Last Cuban guy would make Mayweather jealous with the way he was slipping punches looked like he had no spine looked like he was trying to copy Ali in the movement.

Moral of this fights is both teams could learn from each other, Mexicans need quite a few footwork lessons and Cubans need to learn to put the hurt on people not just coast comfortably just because they can.
        Damnnnn savon was lucky to have survived!

Didnt really liked his last KD, he wrapped his arm around his head and pulled it into his uppercut

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Mexico City has a very high elevation. I don't know how long the Cubans had to train on site, but it takes several weeks to adequately adapt to that atmosphere. Some of the Cuban fighters seemed to have handled the change well, others not.

The welterweight replacement for Iglesias gassed by the second round. The Cuban lightweight was in terrific shape and handled his business. He looked pretty good.

Savon didn't impress me as much as I had hoped. He looked wild and out of shape. He was saved by the bell in the first. If the round had continued, he might've been stopped. Luckily for the Cuban, he has serious power and was able to stop his opponent in the following round.

The Cuban SHW was in good condition for a fat guy, but he was in versus a weak opponent.

The Cuban light heavy, La Cruz, was the best of the night. He must've watched tons of film on the young Ali. (I don't know how, but he must've.) He's got tremendous physical talent: fast, sharp and slick. I just wish he threw more punches along with all that movement. In all, I'd say he was my favorite, behind Toledo, as the most impressive Cuban so far in the WSB.

Looking forward to the next series! Hopefully there won't be any more "technical difficulties." I really enjoyed discussing the fights as they aired.
          yea, the running out of gas part (and the cubans trying to deal with the pace) can totally be attributed to the Elevation.

Comment

• Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
            Erislandy has always had a shaky chin though.............i remember seeing him on wobbly legs and down (with headgear on)

always goes down............nothing new.
            yeah he got KO'd by the Azerbaijani guy didnt he?

I dont mind the kd so much, but in general he looked kind of sloppy. But tbf I dont know what stage of training he's at/ how much he's been boxing recently... its only a friendly pre season after all

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              are there no white cubans left? lol where are the abril looking guys
              those guys are too busy pimping their women at the copa room

Comment

yea, the running out of gas part (and the cubans trying to deal with the pace) can totally be attributed to the Elevation.
                Yea as others have said i can see the elevation having an impact especially since all Cuba is basically sea level not to mention their whole life fighting 3 rounds. I really wonder when someone is going to get knocked the fk out i think it's bound to happen being thrown into Pro's just like that and not all of the Cuban team is top notch.

I'm still mad my 2 favorites aren't in this thing, but i see why they would leave the top horses they want the gold from in Brazil out to make sure they don't get hurt, it's understandable.

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Damnnnn savon was lucky to have survived!

Didnt really liked his last KD, he wrapped his arm around his head and pulled it into his uppercut
                I actually like how he recuperated i didn't see any lingering effect in the second round his legs where back, he literally kd the guy with the first punch next round, think he got mad the guy made him look bad XD but he is deff among the shakiest in the chin department.

Comment

I've experienced what no acclimation to high elevation does to you first hand. Years ago I was hiking around a mountain in Park City, Utah. I was in my mid-twenties and in decent shape, but I was amazed at how out-of-breath I was. Then a few years ago, while in great running shape, I went for a couple of runs while in Denver, Colorado. I could definitely feel the difference in my performance versus New York conditions.

Comment

Working...
                  X