Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geale: Golovkin can't bluff me

Geale: Golovkin can’t bluff me

By Ray Wheatley — World of Boxing

IBF middleweight champion Daniel Geale talked to Grantlee Kieza of the Courier Mail and proclaimed that he knows how to defeat WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin. Geale said “I fought Golovkin as an amateur at the East Asia Games in Osaka in 2001. I fought terribly and he beat me on points. He’s dangerous but there are *****s in his armour. He just knocked out another British fighter named Matthew Macklin. I thought it would be a close fight but Golovkin knocked him out in three rounds. At the moment he has everyone bluffed. But he can’t bluff me. I know exactly what he’s got and I would love to fight him again. To beat Golovkin you have to show that you’re not scared of him and that you’re willing to go with him if he wants to throw bombs. You need good footwork and you have to be able to bang him back. I know I have good feet and I also know that he hasn’t been tested by someone who can drag him into the late rounds. I felt his power, the guy is strong definitely and he can punch hard. But I’ve been in there with some pretty decent punchers.” Daniel Geale will defend the IBF middleweight title against Darren Barker on August 17 in Atlantic City.
    http://www.*********.com/Boxing/geal...luff-me-215140

Then fight him in Nov instead of going back to Sturm

Comment

These guys say this kinda crap just so they don't look like *******.

When an actual offer comes in they go ahead and run away like Murray is doing right now.

Comment

Beat Barker then have the unification bout in November.

Comment

call his bluff then...simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
            call his bluff then...simple as that.
            Exactly,,, Call his bluff.....

I think Geale/Barker winner would be the ideal december opponent for GGG,

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Exactly,,, Call his bluff.....

I think Geale/Barker winner would be the ideal december opponent for GGG,
              I think November is best. Only a month between fights? Best not to injure yourself or anything before the possible unification

Comment

Geale has no power. GGG would walk through him.

Comment

Who are the power punchers that Geale has faced?

He thought GGG hit hard when they used headgear.

Comment

Let's see if he's still so willing when the fight is ready to be made. I have a suspicion he won't be.

Comment

Working...
                    X