No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthyse fans: his best win is Humberto soto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
    Would take the Olusegun win over that. That guy was a solid undefeated contender at 140.

Of course I would also count the Alexander robbery.

Judah is debatable.
    Agreed. Ajose is his best win, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      Agreed. Ajose is his best win, IMO
      ajose has not really beat anyone worth mentioning so if he is the best fighter lucas beat than lucas is kinda overrated at this point

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        Soto is a two time, two division world champion with about 8 title defenses all up. He's a very good fighter and deserves to be mentioned on anyone's resume as among the best they fought.
        Cool accomplishments and all, but his resume sucks.

His accomplishments is not why he should be mentioned as a good win for Matthysse. Even though Matthysse was favored, a lot of people on this forum[mostly the nationalistic maniacs] thought Soto would outbox Matthysse. So give credit where credit is due people. Something boxing fans can't ever seem to do when proven wrong.

However, I do not like the Matthysse nut hangers that are infesting this site. Claiming false "robbery" losses against Judah, and praising the previously untested Ajose Olusegun to be a monster at 140. Other outrageous comments like Matthysse would knock out Pacquiao and Marquez, and that he is a better opponent for Mayweather at 147 than Guerrero is. The latter 3 claims came right after the win over Mike Dallas Jr. Before that win, nobody dared to mention Matthysse in the same sentence as Marquez, Mayweather, Pacquiao.

Comment

I'll bite and play devil's advocate.

If op doesn't view Matthyse's win over Soto as that good, then that just makes Garcia that much bigger of a *****.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
            i must be buggin but i thought he lost to alexander and judah
            There is no reasonable way to say he lost to Alexander. None.

Comment

They can not be realistic for one second and are fast becoming the worst fanbase in boxing, taking over "Fl*mos", "P*ctards", and the largely faded Cotto and Margarito fans[Coincidentally, Matthysse fans consists of former member of the Cotto and Margarito stanbase]. This is alarming, since Matthysse only has about 10 die hard fans, but these fans are extremely loud and obnoxious.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
                Matthyse going life and death with a shopworn Judah raised alot of red flags in my mind about his potential as an elite level fighter.

Khan completely walked thru Judah, dominated Kotelnyk, beat Maidana & Malinaggi, dropped a contested decision to Peterson...got completely obliterated by Garcia.

There's no question who the best fighter @ 140 is as of right now, and it damn sure ain't Matthysse. He just barely squeeks into the top 3.
                good post green k

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                  This crap doesnt even matter. Matthysse is going to get his shot, either from Garcia or Peterson. The truth us theres not much difference between any of the three. I wouldnt be shocked if Matthysse was the best, the same way I wouldnt be surprized if Peterson beat the other two. Or Garcia for that matter. This division is very stacked but even at the same time. Thats why its so intriguing.
                  Peterson is such a potential x-factor. Everyone's just assuming Matthysse-Garcia is THE fight in the division, but I'd pick Peterson to beat Garcia in a heartbeat and he's capable of pulling out a decision over Matthysse as well.

Enter PEDerson jokes, which I won't even try to defend. We'll see if there's a noticeable difference in Peterson or not when he fights Holt.

Comment

Working...
                  X