Collapse
No announcement yet.

Troy Ross vs. Yoan Pablo Hernandez discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can really blame Ross for losing that fight. He destroyed Hernandez in the 5th, then for the most part was really inactive for the rest of the fight besides a few spots here and there. You can give props to Hernadez for boxing his way out of trouble, but to me he just did enough in most of the remaining rounds to win on points by activity, which again you gotta blame Ross for not doing more.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      they slugged it out.

hernandez was hurt multiple times, and dropped. he dipped his head and ducked/turned away from ross when he was hurt, in a motion that many, including myself, would have probably considered enough to stop the fight.

he essentially turned his back to avoid punishment at one point, and he was getting away with it to lesser degrees throughout the middle stages of the fight.

after ross gassed hernandez came back. it was a very good and very close fight.
      BTW Ross punched Hernandez while he was down. A strict ref could have taken a point or even DQ'ed him. So he gave Hernandez a freebee for turning his back, but he also gave Ross some latitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        Man most of the "robberies" overseas are close fights. Meanwhile here in the US you have **** like Campillo-Cloud, Lara-Williams, Abril-Rios etc.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        If it's a close fight it's probably not a robbery. This was a close fight, I just think the 115-112 and 116-112 scores were a little wide then I would have liked.

I would however not call this a robbery.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
          You can really blame Ross for losing that fight. He destroyed Hernandez in the 5th, then for the most part was really inactive for the rest of the fight besides a few spots here and there. You can give props to Hernadez for boxing his way out of trouble, but to me he just did enough in most of the remaining rounds to win on points by activity, which again you gotta blame Ross for not doing more.
          You think the decision was just, Natas?

Comment

• Hate to see an underdog come so close and not get it.

Great fight, now let's have a rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
              You can really blame Ross for losing that fight. He destroyed Hernandez in the 5th, then for the most part was really inactive for the rest of the fight besides a few spots here and there. You can give props to Hernadez for boxing his way out of trouble, but to me he just did enough in most of the remaining rounds to win on points by activity, which again you gotta blame Ross for not doing more.
              Yep. That's what I was thinking. Had Ross gone all-in after that KD he most likely would have KO'ed Hernandez. He missed the bus there.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                116-112 is a perfectly reasonable score. All it means is that judge had Hernandez winning most of the close rounds
                what i find funny is that no one here or box nation had either guy winning by more than 2 rounds, yet 4 rounds are perfectly reasonable to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  BTW Ross punched Hernandez while he was down. A strict ref could have taken a point or even DQ'ed him. So he gave Hernandez a freebee for turning his back, but he also gave Ross some latitude.
                  Interesting point.

Man, I need to see this fight. Hernandez always seems to be involved in some exciting/controversial fights. lol

Comment

• So its pretty clear SCtrojansbaby didnt watch the fight or had a huge amount of money on Hernandez

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      That's ridiculous. Both of these Sturm fights where close fights and one of them a draw where most people felt Sturm won.

Give it up.
                      Showed German promoters not to give Murray a rematch. Not for love or money.

Comment

Working...
                      X