Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better resume: Mayweather, Barerra or Morales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All 3 have great resumes. Erik has tranished his leagacy slightly with the losses so to be ranked fairly we have to review Floyds career once its said and done.

Barrera started in 1989 in a career spanning 4 decades and 9 different weight classes. He took Hameds zero and Morales' zero. He also inflicted a 2nd loss on Erik before Morales went on to beat Pac. Barrera has also never lost to anyone who wasnt and idnt become a world champion. Erik did have losses to lesser fighters but has a win over Pac and a controversial win over Barrera.

Floyd will say he is higher than both but I cant think of a single win that exceeds Barreras wins over Erik or Morales' win over Pac.

Comment

Floyd isnt greater than Morales or barrera believe me. He is more methodical by far though. Carefully choosing is opponents and career path, and taking long training camps to prepare for opponents.

Most of the people he beat are yesterdays good fighters and the unbeaten guys he beat arent all that in the first place.

A lot of what Floyd is about is his unbeaten record, and i am thinking if he lost that unbeaten record a lot many people will take off the rose tinted spectacles and see Floyd for what he is. Pac, Morales, Barrera can all lose, but people still know how great they are, and i dont think the same can be said for Floyd. It will be easier to make excuses for why he has been unbeaten all this time once he loses. But credit where its due, if FLoyd were to lose, and then comeback and do great things, then he will have my respect.

The thing is most logical people dont need to wait for Floyds loss to see him for what he is.
      Last edited by hugh grant; 05-15-2012, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Mayweather is greater than Barrera and Morales.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
          Pros? Where are the "pros" at?
          right here m*f*. fukin believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by lx!! View Post
            THANK YOU! What ^^^ says! Erik & Marco never went on hidding mode AKA RETIRE mode when there was a TREATH! As simple as that. Floyd's best win was against a past prime ODL that was doing boxing pretty much just on the side while boozing & other things & Floyd still only got a SPLIT D.
            Now thats not true. Floyd never hides from treats. He drinks soda during training.

Comment

Working...
            X