Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Golden Boy's apology set them back in the boxing game?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpitBalla View Post
    The only one it sets back is Mayweather. They kind of painted him into a corner.

I think Manny could win big against May in court.
    obviously floyd and his laywers can care two ****s about the case. look at my sig and avatar. that should tell you what floyd thinks about pacroids case

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
      obviously floyd and his laywers can care two ****s about the case. look at my sig and avatar. that should tell you what floyd thinks about pacroids case
      Shirts??????????

Comment

yes, shirts. if floyd cared about the case he wouldnt be putting suchs phrases and statements in print

**** that case and yo couch

Comment

Originally posted by RavshinRicRude View Post
          Many thought GB would over take Top Rank and every other promotional firm out there and would basically have the Don King like monopoly he had in the 80's and early 90's

Does this "apology" hinder their firm? do they now look weak and like a second fiddle to Top Rank???

What say you???
          don king's monopoly was mostly for heavies though. in the lower weight classes he had a lot of competition , especially top rank.

gb tried to take over and failed.

they have to play nice. even before their agreements with top rank , they started making nice with the other smaller promotional companies.

hence why they joined , what was it? , the boxing promoters of america? or some organization , can't quite remember the name. they joined it recently when they weren't a part of it before.

Comment

Goldenboy need to do business with Top Rank in order to grow and for their fighters to look legit. Top Rank need to do business with Goldenboy in order for their fighters to look legit.

Thats why Goldenboy apologised, they want to grow.

I think the death of Arum's son had an effect on him too and that he will continue to do business only until he passes on. He's done some great business in his time, but, in my humble opinion, its clear to see that Goldenboy are the ones with the most attractive business model.

Comment

well you see....people like you,to me,are ignorant to say the very least.between oscar's skills and shaefer politics,it shows they know what they are doing.For people here to say or doubt if what they did was right,is like me questionin the theory or relativity,i mean what do i know....right?

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
                yes, shirts. if floyd cared about the case he wouldnt be putting suchs phrases and statements in print

**** that case and yo couch
                Has anyone ever accused you of being highly intelligent????

Comment

dela hoya didn't really have a choice but to apologize after going to rehab for drug addiction. he can't go on with those allegations or wild speculations against pac when he doesn't have a moral ground to stand on. will it affect his promotional company? i don't think so...it could even be better for them because now they could work with top rank. and besides, there's nothing wrong being 2nd to top rank. it has always been that way anyway...gbp was just acting like they're bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                    dela hoya didn't really have a choice but to apologize after going to rehab for drug addiction. he can't go on with those allegations or wild speculations against pac when he doesn't have a moral ground to stand on. will it affect his promotional company? i don't think so...it could even be better for them because now they could work with top rank. and besides, there's nothing wrong being 2nd to top rank. it has always been that way anyway...gbp was just acting like they're bigger.
                    How do you know it was for Drug addiction? unless I missed something they haven't said what he went to rehab for right???

Comment

Working...
                    X