Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Messi is more talented then any American Football/Baseball/Basketball player ever...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Schalabrine
    Ryan Leaf

Comment

• Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
      You just cant compare them, they train for different things....If messi wanted to be some really strong guy, im sure he could...but he doesnt need that to play football...he needs his speed, agility, balance etc
      Messi could work his ass off and never be the kind of freakish pure athletic specimen that RunW/K is talking about. He can't add a foot to his frame. He's never going to be a top-flight basketball player, however hard he works at it.

Whether Messi's brilliance could translate to basketball isn't the argument, though. At least, it's not mine.

Messi is physically far more suited for football than basketball and is a superhumanly gifted footballer. For Jordan, it's the other way around. I don't see what's so hard to grasp about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
        No, that's exactly what I'm not saying. Wlad is an excellent athlete and he's still pretty awkward as he moves around the ring. Moving all that dude around takes a lot of coordination. Now watching a guy like LeBron, D-Wade or Carmelo move like Pacquiao even though they're Wlad's size IS impressive.
        I know what your trying to say, but your comparing 1 guy (Wlad) Who isnt built for specific things like, speed, agility etc .... To Lebron (a guy argueably the best basketballer in the world)

When I Garuntee theres probably thousands of men that dont even play sports in america who would be the size of wlad and have 5 times his speed and 5 times his agility etc.....

Its like me comparing messi to a jockey lol.......they are incomparable....Why not compare Lebron, to someone like Ali.....You have to make it remotely comparable if you are planning to see the differences in the two....(in this case you have said a boxer and a basketballer..)

Anyway, this is never gonna end....

So im stopping here, I think me and -TRGB- have pretty much the same point of view....

Comment

• Originally posted by -TRGB- View Post
          Messi could work his ass off and never be the kind of freakish pure athletic specimen that RunW/K is talking about. He can't add a foot to his frame. He's never going to be a top-flight basketball player, however hard he works at it.

Whether Messi's brilliance could translate to basketball isn't the argument, though. At least, it's not mine.

Messi is physically far more suited for football than basketball and is a superhumanly gifted footballer. For Jordan, it's the other way around. I don't see what's so hard to grasp about that.
          Yeah completely agree....thats my point... i wasnt saying he could become a basketballer lol

I mean, obviously you get these "small" basketballers....but they are still like...what....5'10-5'11?

People are sport specific, and their builds etc suit the sport they play.... e.g. Michael Phelps is just BUILT for swimming.....

Anyway, like I said this is gona be on going lol so im stopping!

Comment

• Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
            Yeah completely agree....thats my point... i wasnt saying he could become a basketballer lol

I mean, obviously you get these "small" basketballers....but they are still like...what....5'10-5'11?

People are sport specific, and their builds etc suit the sport they play.... e.g. Michael Phelps is just BUILT for swimming.....

Anyway, like I said this is gona be on going lol so im stopping!
            You get a rare exception like Nate Robinson, who's 5'7". But you need craaaaazy hops for that. He once stuffed 7'93" Yao. And jumped clean over 7'0" Dwight Howard for a dunk...granted it was staged but he still jumped a giant.

And I understand that we have differing views, I was just trying to get my point across.

Comment

You get a rare exception like Nate Robinson, who's 5'7". But you need craaaaazy hops for that. He once stuffed 7'93" Yao. And jumped clean over 7'0" Dwight Howard for a dunk...granted it was staged but he still jumped a giant.

And I understand that we have differing views, I was just trying to get my point across.
              I can tell your a huge basketball fan, cos thats what seems to interest you....people that are 6'5+ with so much body mass...speed and power...agility etc

Football is my sport...the speed, endurance, balance, coordination, technique etc.....

But as much as i love football..i love sports in general...and as great as a football player ever may be, i couldnt say they are a better athlete than any basketballer...or any sprinter...or any tennis player etc..... Cos All the number 1 people in each of those sports.....could not compete with any of the others if they played in the opposite sport...

Asking who is the best in 1 sport is fine....but asking who the best athlete is overall....you just cant compare them

Comment

Alright, then sure. That's totally reasonable. Messi is as suited to his sport as LeBron is suited to his. But I think that LeBron could play more sports to a higher degree of success...as indicated by the fact that he was already a top recruit at wide receiver his junior year of high school.
                Well, that's great and probably true. He'd never be the magician in football that Messi is, but I'm sure he could turn his hand to and be successful at a greater number of sports. Maybe. I dunno, though. NFL, sure. But would he make a better batsman in cricket than Messi? Not so sure. That muddies the waters.

I need closure, I don't think I'll be able to sleep at night now. I know, let's just do a list of every sport ever and work out if LeBron would be better at a majority of them.

Actually, let's not, who gives a ****. Let's just be happy with the perfectly reasonable agreement we just reached ("Messi is as suited to his sport as LeBron is suited to his") and disregard this as a stupid thread based on an illogical premise which didn't even require a single reply in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Obviously. Football actually takes skill.
                  Please play a game of basketball and see man.

Comment

• It's a bad example... look at Ronaldo instead.. just as good footballer but he is a pure athlete.. 6ft + pure muscle/power. Guy used to get kicked repeatedly but shrugged it off and was never injured that much

Comment

• Originally posted by Check View Post
                      Yeah, and then you woke up. So what, he's an offensive machine, that's only one aspect of the game. I don't know much about soccer but the best players in that sport seem to great on offense or maybe defense but never the best defender and offensive player. A guy like Micheal Jordan who is without a doubt the best player in the NBA was by far the best scoring threat in the league, the most clutch player in the league and arguably one of the best defenders in leagues history. It's one thing to dominate one side of the ball but it's another to dominate both. Not to mention in soccer the playmakers don't play the whole field and the spotlight is no where near as it is compared to the Jordan example. Jordan was the spotlight in a game that is 5 on 5, not 10 on 10 or whatever soccer is. Don't even think they are even in the same league. A guy like Bo Jackson is also more talented than Messi as well.
                      An american showing his (non-existent) football knowledge. Probably thinks they would be dominating the World Cup if they had american football and basketball players in their team

Comment

Working...
                      X