No announcement yet.

Best weight for Pac/JMM III?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best weight for Pac/JMM III?

Which would be the best weight that seems most fair for both sides?

I feel a catchweight of 137-138 is best. Ariza recently said Pac can easily make 140lbs.

Hell, even if the fight was at 140lbs, that doesn't mean JMM has to weigh in at 140lbs, he can still weigh in at 135lbs if he wanted, right?

By the way, in March 2008 when Pac and JMM fought for the 2nd time, Marquez weighed in at 130, reydrated to 141. Pac weighed in at 129, rehydrated to 145.

If the fight was at 140, I can see JMM weighing in at 135-137lbs, and Pac at 139-140lbs. What would Pac's fight night weight be? Maybe 147-149lbs.

Maybe this isn't as big of a mismatch as it seems, because JMM arguably "beat" a 145lbs Pac.

However, I feel Pac was slightly weight drained during his final 2 fights at 130 (barrera/jmm 2).

Since Pac would be a few pounds heavier than he was during his 2nd fight with JMM, would JMM have an easier time seeing Pac's punches than last time? Probably not, since JMM's reflexes have probably slowed down since then, but I think Pac's handspeed now would be a little slower than at 130lbs. He probably LOOKS faster now because he is fighting naturally bigger/slower fighters now.

I still favor Pac by clear decision or late TKO, due to these factors:

1. Pac's overall skills have been improved, especially his right hand.
    2. Pac no longer has to drain himself.
    3. JMM isn't getting any younger.
    4. JMM's face seems to get cut easier now.
    5. JMM seems slower since moving to 135lbs. And let's not forget how slow he was at 142lbs versus Mayweather.
    135lbs
    18.52%
    137lbs
    7.41%
    140lbs
    55.56%
    141lbs+
    18.52%
    Last edited by boxingsmash69; 11-25-2010, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Weight drained Pacquiao toyed with Marquez TWICE
      This fight should be at 147.
      Marquez is not calling the shots,Pacquiao does!

Comment

i voted 140.
        i dont think Pac can make 135 comfortably anymore.

Comment

140 is the only realistic weight for this fight.

Hopefully Golden Boy isnt stupid enough to let Marquez go up to 147 again.

Comment

140, but they would never give JMM an advantage.

Comment

I see Pac being a better fighter now than he was then. He's stronger, his right hand is better. I think he'd blow Marquez away.

Comment

they both can make 140 on the dot with no fuss. manny team will ask for higher to handicap marquez some how make him slower and easier to be hit. 140 is a real weight class that they both can make and fight.

Comment

Pacquiao could pull a Mayweather and ask for 144 lol.

But if it does happen 140 makes the most sense. imo

Comment

"Marquez replied "he would have to come to 135. I'm not going down"

Marquez said this recently, when asked if he would fight Lopez. Why can't Pac say the same? 140, 147 or a catch weight in between would be alright for me, but I can see why Roach doesn't won't the fight under 147.

Comment

Working...
                    X