No announcement yet.

Help with my shoulders PLEASE!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my shoulders PLEASE!

Hi guys I was wondering if anyone has experienced this or similar to this and what kind of treatment did you use if any?
    Ok this started about 2 long years ago and it has taken me outta boxing and is very frustrating and no I have not been to the Dr. because I have not had insurance until recently.
    Is what it is, is just a sharp tearing pain in both shoulders but worse in my left (lead) hand. It just came on kind of gradually. The weird thing is it only bothers me when it comes to something that tests muscular endurance (best way I can think of to put it) like boxing obviously or when Im doing ab work and im holding my arms above my stomach and when I do pushups and get to about 80 it just starts hurting extremely bad. It starts right after I throw a few straight punches. They hurt the worst especially my jab. Eventually I cant even throw it let alone through it fast and hard. It doesn't bother me when I lift weights for instance even exercises that specifically work my shoulders. Also when I lift weights I always do as many reps as I can so it's always a high rep number and it does not affect me there. I still maintain a very high fitness level because when I get this resolved I wanna start again immediately. Very frustrating.
    I have tried phys. therapy exercises, ice, hot, soaking it. I always stretch it for atleast 10 min. before I work out plus through out the day. I took many months off from using it. Everything I can think of and like I said it only affects a few activities. Please help me. Also I have no previous injuries to them. The summer it started I was definately definately overtraining and Im sure thats what brought it on. But why wont it ****ing heal? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading this.

It sounds like you've hurt your rotator cuff muscles. These are the little muscles in your shoulder. If you've been performing bench presses or shoulder presses then you need to quite these for at least 6 months. Pushups are fine though.

To begin the rehab do 1 set of hindu pushups each week until it gets painful. Stop when it get's painful. When you can do 50 of these without pain the rotator cuffs have healed. Your shoulders will also be a lot stronger. Just 1 set per week though.

Comment

Working...
    X