No announcement yet.

PAC - Floyd will be this generation's Duran - Leonard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAC - Floyd will be this generation's Duran - Leonard

Except this time, the black guy will quit, haha.

All joking aside, I do think this probable matchup will have some semblance of that great matchup between "The Hands of Stone" and Sugar Ray.

PAC, I think will surprise alot of people with his boxing ability, not that he actually matches Floyd's boxing skills, but if y'all are thinking of PAC the straight-ahead bulldozer will show up in this fight, well, it will, but not the entire time. And I think it will somewhat befuddle Floyd. And when it's time to turn it up another gear, then expect the Typhoon from the Pacific to show its destructive force one last time. Because after this victory, PAC will inform Larry Merchant and the rest of the world his retirement!

Not really. Duran-Leonard I was a war. Floyd Mayweather doesn't allow his fights to be wars. And he doesn't have the pop of SRL. And Duran is a much better fighter than Pacquiao.

Comment

First fight or the second? Let's hope if this fight happens, it's not in a 24 ft ring like the second.

Comment

No way Pac v Mr boat buyer matches the intensity of Duran v SRL. There won't be those kinda exchanges. Mr boat buyer cools the temp in his fights and outboxes guys technically.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
          Not really. Duran-Leonard I was a war. Floyd Mayweather doesn't allow his fights to be wars. And he doesn't have the pop of SRL. And Duran is a much better fighter than Pacquiao.
          and leonard is much , much better than floyd.

pacquiao by brutal ko.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
            and leonard is much , much better than floyd.

pacquiao by brutal ko.
            Shut up Patrick...

Leonard UD12 Mayweather

Duran KO Pacquiao

Comment

This fight will be all hype and very exciting leading to the fight, 10 times more than Hatton-Pacquiao, maybe. But on fight night, like mangler said, Floyd will cool things down. He'll stay technical, and try to figure out Manny to not get hit with that straight left while timing his own secret weapon, the right hand. At the end of the day, both fighters will do everything they can to get the win.

Comment

Let's just hope it is like the first fight, not the 2nd, and certainly not the third.

Compared to SRL-Duran 3, Mayweather-Baldomir looked like Bruce Curry-Monroe Brooks.

Comment

Floyd is too smart to get caught up in exchanges like when leonard exchanged with duran, pacquiao cant make floyd fight his fight which would be to stand at mid range and throw bombs

floyd will either be up close and in the pocket, using his inside skills to cut pac up or he will be at a distance, keeping manny off him with his longer reach and superior skills-either way he isnt in range for mannys big powershots

in duran-leonard I duran used his aggression and skills to force leonard into an up close rough and tumble fight, he was able to do this because he was just as skilled, if not more so, than leonard

manny isnt on that level skillwise and wont be able to force floyd into his fight

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu View Post
                    Floyd is too smart to get caught up in exchanges like when leonard exchanged with duran, pacquiao cant make floyd fight his fight which would be to stand at mid range and throw bombs

floyd will either be up close and in the pocket, using his inside skills to cut pac up or he will be at a distance, keeping manny off him with his longer reach and superior skills-either way he isnt in range for mannys big powershots

in duran-leonard I duran used his aggression and skills to force leonard into an up close rough and tumble fight, he was able to do this because he was just as skilled, if not more so, than leonard

manny isnt on that level skillwise and wont be able to force floyd into his fight
                    PAC was never on the same level skillwise against all the all-time greats he has fought, but, unless you've been living under a rock, guess who has been winning? The one-dimensional fighter, hahahaha.

All this **** that y'all say Floyd will do this, Floyd won't allow that. Hello, Floyd ain't fighting Gatti, that's were y'all are being very ignorant.

Floyd ain't gonna be able to pick PAC off as consistent as he has done in the past w/ less talented, less conditioned fighters.

Floyd might not have the "comfortability" that he has had in the past to just potshot his way to victory, he's gonna be forced to fight in this one. And you Floyd nuts better pray that Floyd's workrate has gotten better since the last time he fought a great fighter(De La Hoya)
                    Last edited by We want Floyd; 05-25-2009, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X