Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler: most overrated fighter on the planet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHB View Post
    Kessler > Anyone at 160-168.

He needs to step up his competition though. His resume's better than Pavlik's though.
    Give yourself an uppercut.

Pavlik beat Jermain Taylor. One round of that fight is better than a win over Anthony Mundine, which is Mikkel's best win right now.

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
      The guy seems to be a good fighter but has never proved it. His best win is over a fellow Euro trash champion in Markus Beyer. My question is why does Kessler have any followers when he hasn't accomplished anything in boxing as of yet? He wasted his 2008 and fell into the Euro pattern of hiding overseas your whole career until all the legit opponents either get too old (Calzaghe) or you're ready to cash out and call it a career (Hatton). And, if you do take a real challenge and lose (like he did against Calzaghe), never step up again (the Sturm way).

So again I ask, what is there to like about a guy that fights no one?

Even Carl Froch has a better resume than Kessler

Honestly, if we're going based on potential, then Zab Judah is worlds better than Kessler. And he certainly has a better resume than Mikkel despite the losses.

Again, why does this guy have a fanbase?

Boxing scene needs to IQ tests people before they should be allowed onto the forum :****you::****you:

Comment

This must be some kind of thread to fire people up. Kessler gave Calzaghe one hell of a fight, much better than faded Roy. He beat Mundine, knocked Beyer out cold, slammed Andrade all night, beat down Siaca and Lucas in TKO victories. Great technique, good power, great chin. OP is an attention whore.

Comment

Originally posted by Addition View Post
          I actually took this thread seriously until you claimed Froch has a better resume.

Kessler is the best SMW but is overrated.
          Yeah that was a ridiculous thing to say, i do agree that Kessler is overrated though.

Comment

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
            Give yourself an uppercut.

Pavlik beat Jermain Taylor. One round of that fight is better than a win over Anthony Mundine, which is Mikkel's best win right now.
            Ooh, Jermain Taylor. Wooooooh. That horse bolted 3 years ago. The square root of **** all else on his resume. Miranda? Give me a break. Anyone else? Nope.

Kessler has a few former world champions on his resume at the very least. It isn't the strongest but it's better than many others out there. I wouldn't put Mundane in his Top 3 wins personally.

Comment

kessler lost to calzaghe making him the best fighter alive.

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
                The guy seems to be a good fighter but has never proved it. His best win is over a fellow Euro trash champion in Markus Beyer. My question is why does Kessler have any followers when he hasn't accomplished anything in boxing as of yet? He wasted his 2008 and fell into the Euro pattern of hiding overseas your whole career until all the legit opponents either get too old (Calzaghe) or you're ready to cash out and call it a career (Hatton). And, if you do take a real challenge and lose (like he did against Calzaghe), never step up again (the Sturm way).

So again I ask, what is there to like about a guy that fights no one?

Even Carl Froch has a better resume than Kessler

Honestly, if we're going based on potential, then Zab Judah is worlds better than Kessler. And he certainly has a better resume than Mikkel despite the losses.

Again, why does this guy have a fanbase?
                I really don't think he is overrated! He was a former champion! He possesses good boxing skills with a KO power! It's just that his promoters seem not willing to let him fight in the US soil regularly! Maybe they hated US so much as to think that they can continue boxing, without US interference (media-hyping, media coverage, etc).

Comment

Working...
                X