No announcement yet.

Power!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power!

right im 17 years old and starting boxing again. ive always been mad on fighting. i currently still do MMA on tuesdays but im thinking of giving that up enabling me to concentrate fully on boxing. ive got a knockout right hook but as for boxing im now looking for ways to increase my punching power. im fairly quick for my weight and size 6 ft/12 and half stone. its just i want to increase my punching power without putting on anymore weight. All feedbak regarding this muchly appreciated.

keep practicing your punching technique, hit the bag with resistance bands, plyromectric routines

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
      yeh i agree, also hit the bag with full force or you will never build your power up.
      do you do that all the time? i go light most the time for technique then hit with full force when im JUST practicing power

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
        yeh i go light for some technique to get my combinations right/slips/footwork but once i'v mastered that i do it fast with power. But when i go on the bog i give it my all unless im learning something new.
        your a tit

Comment

lol right guys well i think ill be trying that next time i hit the bag!
          hmm so can anyone think of any kind of conditioning or training to do to make your punches naturally more powerful? i.e. certain types of plyo's?

Comment

a good thing to think about is the strength of your hands, wrists and forearms .. i don't do too much work on that but iv got my powerball press ups on your fists can be good for that

Comment

For improved power strengthenthe lats, legs, core. Perform Bent over rows, chin-ups, front squats, box step ups, deadlifts, keep the reps between 3-5 and rest periods 2.5-3 minutes and you won't gain weight. cable reverse wd chops, too.

Plyo-pushups, chest med ball throws against wall, side med. ball throws, box jumps etc. reps between 1-5. rest 2-3 minutes. Get strong before doing serious plyos. Maximal strength and speed= Power.

Rob Pilger
              http://www.boxingperformance.com
              http://www.theultimateboxingworkout.com/fighters.html

Comment

Working...
              X