No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire Pumped About Landing on Pacquiao-Vargas PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
    Should have done this a long time ago. The Pinoys love both Nonito & Manny.

negative. i work with a lot of filipinos and a lot dont like donaire. they say he's too americanized. if you asked older filipinos, some dont even know who he is lol.

Comment

this shouldnt be ppv and it will do really poor

Comment

Nonito Jr is more Filipino than many FilAms that's why he's called the Filipino Flash.

Comment

I had to go back and read it a second time because I thought it said Diego Magdaleno at first. I've never seen Jessie fight, is he any good? Doesn't look like he's ever been in with any near Donaire's level. I know Donaire is not the fighter he once was but I would still expect him to win this fight, should be fun either way.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
            negative. i work with a lot of filipinos and a lot dont like donaire. they say he's too americanized. if you asked older filipinos, some dont even know who he is lol.
            I can do one better. My co-worker is Filipino and he and his family are connected to Donaire out of the San Leandro and San Lorenzo area and my co-worker said that when Donaire made it big, he forgot about his friends. Part of that could be they were expecting something from Donaire or that's how it goes for anyone who makes it big because Filipino families stay very close but it could be that Donaire shined them on. My co-worker spent quality time with Donaire and he said Donaire's personality changed toward the group of friends. Hard to say if that is just how things are or there is a reason behind it all. Maybe everything has mended cause it has been a couple years.
            Last edited by richardt; 08-31-2016, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              I can do one better. My co-worker is Filipino and he and his family are connected to Donaire out of the San Leandro and San Lorenzo area and my co-worker said that when Donaire made it big, he forgot about his friends. Part of that could be they were expecting something from Donaire or that's how it goes for anyone who makes it big because Filipino families stay very close but it could be that Donaire shined them on. My co-worker spent quality time with Donaire and he said Donaire's personality changed toward the group of friends. Hard to say if that is just how things are or there is a reason behind it all. Maybe everything has mended cause it has been a couple years.

Anyone from San Leandro know this story too well. His boys supposedly didn't want Nito to get hitched to his girl so in protest they didn't attend the wedding instead of just being there to support yo boi. These dudes opened up a boxing gym w/o any knowledge except working Nitos corner so they took Nitos old man and tried to use his name to garner a following. Nitos old man saw the trick I guess afterawhile bc he split from dem too n opened up his own bizness. Trick or not you don't make yo boi choose but I guess it don't matter becuz she still his wife since 07 or something like that. Dumb to fight over n turn yo back on ya boi like that but it is what it is. They couldaa rode coat tails on Nitos career instead of acting like a b n giving grown men ultimatums n Shiz.

SLZ all day

Comment

War magdaleno! Phonito is going down!

Comment

This is looking like a FOR SURE BUY!!!!

Pac/Vargas
                  Donaire
                  Valdez

4 title fights???

Here's my $$$ $60 isn't much considering I only buy 2-3 fights a year. This will be an unusual year pay wise for me...

PPV 2016 bought.

Khan/CanYellow (Had to see Khan Bambi-legged)
                  Crawford/Postol (Waste of money)
                  Pac/Vargas (Have a feeling going to be GREAT!!!)

AND for #1 P4P....

Ward / Kovalev

Comment

Haters go to sleep...It's about fcukin time!

It's getting better and better.

Comment

Which TV is going to broadcast this card?

Comment

Working...
                      X