No announcement yet.

Advice For Getting Big Biceps?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice For Getting Big Biceps?

Really working them, but not getting were I want.

Any adivce?

get big triceps, big back, big shoulders and big legs first.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
      get big triceps, big back, big shoulders and big legs first.
      LOL Why? Biceps are my fav muscle group and need building up the most.

Comment

no need to body build if ur gonna box seriously

but otherwise

curls, chin ups that type a ****

Comment

lol.

If all you want is bigger biceps.

Go get some protein shakes. Take the 2nd option on the label, the size option. And go back to curls, olympic press, and pullups.

Comment

Originally posted by CuBaN HaWk View Post
            LOL Why? Biceps are my fav muscle group and need building up the most.
            Because your body hates imbalances, its not gonna grow one small group of muscles if other groups, especially major groups like back and legs, shoulder belt are undeveloped. more over if you want arms that are worth anything you need strong, powerful shoulders, there is no workaround, you gotta have strong shoulders first.

Comment

Originally posted by CuBaN HaWk View Post
              Really working them, but not getting were I want.

Any adivce?

believe it or not definition in your triceps and shoulder will help you out immeasurably in this category . if you want that "arm" that's what's going to get you there.

if you're doing curls or whatever, i'd suggest trying to work in sets of pushups

also, the basic formula for "building" all muscles involves exercises that build mass and then those create definition

the gross/large movement/low rep type exercises will build mass (lifting lots of weigh with a straight bar for example)
              and then high rep more isolated exercises will build definition (low weight with your curls, a preacher curls, cables,)

also, pretty much anything that works your back will work your biceps

and any muscle building anywhere in the body is good for muscle building elsewhere

if you are in better proportion your body has a much better time building muscle . you'll find yourself peaking and evening out much more quickly if you are not in proportion.

this means you need a balance of muscles in your legs, core, and upperbody

work out your legs, core, and back, and your arms will have an easier time getting bigger

carrying around all your weights each day you work out will help you get vascular (get your blood moving at a level it wont move without similar work) and help your arms recover and build

hope this was helpful
              it's been a long time since i was into weightlifting,
              but if done correctly its a tremendously healthy way to live.
              Last edited by New England; 09-08-2011, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Do lots of squats.

Comment

You must gain all over

No one is going to have 17 inch arms on a 160 pound body (without roids). If you want large arms, you must gain mass all over and eat a lot. Squats, as an earlier poster pointed out are the best. Buy the the book SUPER SQUATS by Randall Stossen (not sure of the spelling) and learn about the twenty rep squat routine. Your arms WILL grown. The books is available on Amazon and at IronMind. Also get John McCallums Keys to Success book. He has a number of chapters on doing squats for arm size.

Comment

If you want big biceps (and dont care much about the rest of your physique or your boxing training) this is what you need to do:

Every Monday and Thursday you need to work them hard with weight training. The rest days are recovery days.

You need to find out what your current level of strength/fitness is on the following exercises:

Bicep Curl (preferably dumbells)

Lat Pulldown

Rowing machine

Other exercises work too, these are just what I do.......

(The Lat pulldown machine and rowing machine will work areas of your back as well as your biceps).

You need to find the level where you can manage 8 reps of each exercise with good technique (see one of the gym workers for tips on technique) for three sets (on each exercise for the two training days) with a suitable recovery between each set for all three exercises (maybe three minutes). The final reps in each set should be very difficult to achieve, but not at the cost of jerking the weights.

As your strength improves 8 reps of each set will become easier as the weeks move on. As a test, when you can do 12 reps of the weight......increase the weight and start again with 8 reps.

Your biceps should be sore the next day.......and possibly the day after that!!
                    If they aren't....you didn't train hard enough.

You need to eat enough protein daily to more than cover in excess of 1gram per every kilogram of body weight that you currently have. So either suppliment with protein powder, read the labels on foods or keep a good daily intake of the likes of.......chicken breast, steak, tuna, salmon, eggs, peanut butter.

You should ideally do much less cardio/aerobic exercise whilst building muscle. Start that again when you have the size of biceps you are happy with.

This worked for me and is tried and tested, but everyone will have their own opinions. I personally train all the muscle groups because really, its much better to get an all over body weights plan as opposing muscle groups act as stabilisers.....and nothing looks dafter than comedy biceps on an otherwise skinny frame or some areas underdeveloped and others overdeveloped. There could be posture issues/ imbalance issues down the road too.

Comment

Working...
                    X