If Pacquiao beats Thurman he has to rank over Floyd historically

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Pacquiao beats Thurman he has to rank over Floyd historically

No debate

Pac is a damn dinosaur and hes facing a young lion in his PRIME.

Floyd DUCKED thurman as a mandatory with no shame.

If Manny pulls this off he surpasses Floyd in the history books.

Young lion who was close to being stopped by josesito Lopez lol. Stop it manny will never pass floyd no matter how hard you try

Comment

H2H I think Floyd will always be better.

Pac could be considered to have a greater legacy. But that's a different conversation.

Comment

Huh...
        Manny will always be the most beloved. I don't see him taking any historical ranking away from Floyd though...

Comment

I'm a huge fan of both

But I think Floyd is a little better

Comment

It's been said countless times already but Pac is already greater. It's boxing fans who decide these things and Floyd isn't in the same ballpark
            Last edited by hugh grant; 05-12-2019, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Huh...
              Manny will always be the most beloved. I don't see him taking any historical ranking away from Floyd though...
              Manny doesn't have the abilities to accomplish what Floyd did, IE being undefeated at the top for 20 years.

Floyd doesn't have the abilities to do what Manny did, IE moving up through 11 divisions winning titles in 8 divisions and stopping top dudes twice his size...

They are both very unique fighters who accomplished unseen things in boxing history.

Comment

I noticed there are 2 types of fans opinions that are predominant in this types of discussion.

1. Hardcores = 50/50 Pac/floyd
                Source = websites such as boxingscene are sure full of hardcore fans.
                Argument = Number of champions defeated for Floyd, 5 lineal / 8 division champion for Pacquiao.

2. Casuals = 90% Pac, 10% floyd
                Source = Youtube, the best source of casuals to date. Just browse on any may vs pac fights and you'll have the casual opinions.
                Argument = Floyd run against smaller Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                  Manny doesn't have the abilities to accomplish what Floyd did, IE being undefeated at the top for 20 years.

Floyd doesn't have the abilities to do what Manny did, IE moving up through 11 divisions winning titles in 8 divisions and stopping top dudes twice his size...

They are both very unique fighters who accomplished unseen things in boxing history.
                  Well said. It's sad to me that some people think they need to dislike one just because they like the other. Such simple thinking. Those two did much of the heavy lifting if making the sport great for the last 15 years. Both should be applauded by all.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post

... yes... basically it's about different history books...

Comment

Working...
                    X