Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Turned Down $5M, Asked For $10M To Fight Joshua 6/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Given the social media response, I wouldn't rule out Ortiz backtracking.

Comment

• Originally posted by blue_dolphin View Post
      If haymon promised him more than $5 mill for Wilder rematch than you can forgive this duck move.
      Yes but who really believes that's case and not Ortiz flushing PEDs out of his system?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I get that you want to try and get all you can but asking for $10 mil under the circumstances is taking advantage of the situation and being greedy AF IMO.
        I disagree. Hearn offered fat baby $6.5 million. Why offer Ortiz $1.5 million less? He probably felt insulted and thus countered with the $10 million demand.

Comment

• Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
          Per the article, he'll get a new offer, probably the same as Miller's was. Let's see how they will respond to that.
          ... they will give the same answer... (I only wonder how stupid that poor Ortiz might be...)

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            asking for 10 mil is wild...too much

but not getting a 6.5 is also a slap in the face...he is worth at least what miller was and that's the market price that hearn set

both sides faulty on this one
            Ortiz set his market price by fighting Wilder for 500K. And he lost. Your pay goes down after losing, not up.

He's a coward just like Wilder is. What is in your water over there with all these cowards? F3ck me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
              If Joshua generates ten times as much revenue as Wilder
              then why is it unthinkable for opponents to demand more
              money for fighting Joshua?

Matchroom wants to run their boxing promotion like Walmart

They want to make billions while paying their associates
              minimum wage.
              Lol, what? Apparently Ortiz wanted $10M, which is 20 times what he made versus Wilder... that is way too much. Personally I think what they were going to pay Jarrell Miller would be fair, maybe even a $1M more. $6-7M?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
                If Joshua generates ten times as much revenue as Wilder
                then why is it unthinkable for opponents to demand more
                money for fighting Joshua?

Matchroom wants to run their boxing promotion like Walmart

They want to make billions while paying their associates
                minimum wage.
                Because it's Joshua who generates 10 times as much revenue as Wilder, not his opponents!

And btw, $5million is exactly 10 times more than Ortiz was paid for fighting Wilder.

When did it become the norm for big name, star fighters to pay huge purses to their opponents?

Mayweather didn't do that, and nobody expected him to pay more than $5million to guys like Maidana, even though Floyd himself was getting $40million per fight minimum.

Comment

• Ortiz - I will fight you for just about any money.

Joshua - Here's 5 mil, 10x what you've ever earned before.

Ortiz - Lowball, i want 10 mil.

Comment

• He should be offered what Miller was honestly as he is more known & credible. I don't think Ortiz deserves 10 mill...8 mill sounds about right actually. Even still doesn't seem smart to turn down 5 mill. I would have taking that or at most negotiate to demand what Miller was gonna get. But if no budge you can't lose with taking 5 mill, more exposure & a shot at 3 or 4 belts. I wouldn't say Ortiz is scared, he's greedy & looking to cash out

Comment

• Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
                      It’s still over 7k tickets unsold for the fight and that came from Hearn mouth so to say tickets are sold out is a plan lie, Ortiz would bring in more subscribers/free month subscriptions than a Ruiz/Hunter or anyone else they would get.... Ortiz is a top 5 heavyweight and sell better in New York with the Latin fans he can bring in.....He not worth 10million but atleast 6.5-7.5 at most don’t offer less of what miller was going make
                      Last estimates were about 3-4k unsold. When I bought mine, there wasn't 5k left for sure. Obviously some appear on the second hand market, but unless MSG has added another tier since last week, there isn't 6k left. I would also question what Latino are going to subscribe for Ortiz that arent for Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X