Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikey Garcia vs. Manny Pacquiao at 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikey caught lot of leather from Lipinets...who on his best day is nowhere near a faded Pac. I got Pac by UD over Mikey. I think Mikey gets dropped with a flash knockdown that doesn't hurt him but does catch him by surprise.

Comment

Pac is 10 years past his best. At this point it's 100% Mikey for sure. I also think Pac gets koed by Mikey as he is a good boxer with a good punch. For those think I g Pac drains himself for 140 are foolish as hell to as many was never a 147 fighter. He always was the smaller man and had to force himself to be in that Division as it was about money. He can still make 135 if he wanted to. But at this age he is just in it for easy pay days and I just do t see him and Mikey ever fighting at this point in his career. Also those saying Mikey has not fought anybody at 140 Broner was a great fighter before he went to 147 vs Maidana which exposed him. And libets was considered the best 140 fighter sense Crawford left 140. So to say he has not fought anybody at 140 would be a lie. Libets showed skill and heart Saturday and Mikey took his best shots and kept doing what Mikey does best. Boxer his head off. Great fight. I don't see any real fight at 140 Mikey loses. If Crawford even moved back down it would be a great fight I would pay to watch.

Comment

In their prime, it would have been a nice fight with Pac winning by KO. But none of that matters cause at this time, no way would Arum hand big money over to Mikey who ran off on Arum. Arum doesnt forget things like that.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          He dropped Lipinets heavy in the 7th, what are you talking about? He’s dominated both Broner and Lipinets who are both legit top 5 or at least top 10 fighters at 140.

As for Mikey vs Horn, although Horn has a big size advantage, I think Mikey is a lot more skilled and would outbox him. I expect Crawford to demonstrate how limited of a fighter Horn is in April.
          he beat them, but he didnt dominate broner. in fact, he was scare to really let his hands go and was only picking and choosing when to throw when broner was pretty much just a standing target. and the punches he lands on broner, no effect at all.

like i said, if pac hasnt fell completely off, manny by a wide UD.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            Different animals dawg and stateside you will not see a referee allowing the shhh Horn got away with in that fight. Mikey is not the aggressor he's virtually going to try to counter punch the entire fight and we've seen how that usually goes for even shot Pacquaio's opponents...ask Tim Bradley about trying to counter Pacquaio and how you'll realize you are down in the fight and it's more than 3/4 done.
            I understand they are different stylistically but Mikey is far superior to Horn, Mikey can also box on both the front and back foot and has a lot of dimensions to his game.
            The Pac that fought Bradley(who was pretty shopworn tbh) is way further gone now, the Pac that fought Bradley beats Horn easily. The referee, judges etc are all just excuses, Pac lost to a guy he should easily have dealt with. Pac is shot, regardless of whether people delude themselves into believing he was “robbed”, the fact that he struggled with a guy he would’ve destroyed in his prime proves how far gone he is. I’m a Pac fan myself but it’s clearly not there anymore, he should retire cause he has no business fighting elite fighters like Mikey anymore.

Comment

Pac is nearly 40, shot and fighting due to tax problems...

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                he beat them, but he didnt dominate broner. in fact, he was scare to really let his hands go and was only picking and choosing when to throw when broner was pretty much just a standing target. and the punches he lands on broner, no effect at all.

like i said, if pac hasnt fell completely off, manny by a wide UD.
                What fight where you watching?? He won nearly every round vs Broner. He completely dominated that fight. I think you’re dislike of Mikey is clouding your judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                  What fight where you watching?? He won nearly every round vs Broner. He completely dominated that fight. I think you’re dislike of Mikey is clouding your judgement.
                  yes, but when you choose to use words like dominate, i tend to think of fights like pac vs cotto, pac vs oscar, etc. that's dominate.

mikey clearly beats broner, but nowhere in that fight did he outclass broner. i wasnt in shock while watching that fight. mikey's work rate is not enough to keep up with manny and if mikey decides to throw more, that'll be even better for manny.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                    yes, but when you choose to use words like dominate, i tend to think of fights like pac vs cotto, pac vs oscar, etc. that's dominate.

mikey clearly beats broner, but nowhere in that fight did he outclass broner. i wasnt in shock while watching that fight. mikey's work rate is not enough to keep up with manny and if mikey decides to throw more, that'll be even better for manny.
                    Go and rewatch the fight, caus you’re either being bias or ignorant.
                    Mikey clearly outclassed Broner he essentially won every round FFS😂😂😂 you don’t have to knock the guy out to dominate a fight. Mikey was in control of that fight and in the ascendancy from first to last bell. That’s dominating a fight.

Comment

Pacquiao is getting noticeably worse each fight. Garcia by decision. Hell, I think Lipinets would KO Pacquiao at this point

Comment

Working...
                      X