No announcement yet.

were ricky hatton and joe calzaghe overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    Calzaghe was definitely. Refused to travel to fight the best with the excuse he was scared of flying, but somehow overcame that fear to beat up a couple of old greats towards the end of his career. Complete bull****.
    Calzaghe was scared of flying but he never used that to duck anyone. He would have got on the plane if he had to.

The Hopkins fight was meant to happen years earlier but Bernard pulled out after agreeing then asking for double the money the next day. Not Joe's fault at all.

Comment

Calzaghe was underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
        Overrated for sure.

Hatton was a dirty bully in the ring and when he couldn't get away with it anymore he got served. I personally think he used PED's to lose 40+lbs before a lot of his fights. You don't drop 40+lbs and fight strong like he did without a little help. I used to fight, I know how to drop weight and I know the effect it has on you on fight night.

Team Calzaghe was very careful on who they fought. Joe's road to glory came at the hands of green prospects and over the hill legends/top fighters. Joe took very little damage in his time because of all the soft touches he fought. He fought too many soft touches though and anybody with a brain can see the Jones and Hopkins wins only happened because they were shot to shít. I mean, Jones dropped Joe with a missed punch, the uppercut missed and his wrist hit Joe's face...his WRIST.

Don't get me wrong, Joe was talented and definitely world class -- just not as much as they painted him to be. This is why he's already forgotten. I've talked to quite a few of people from Jolly Ol' England and they don't even know who he is. That's his own people!

He had a good thing there and made a good bit of money. If he fought Jones in his prime like they SHOULD have, Jones would have Bryant Brannon'd Calzaghe and Joe's worth would have plummeted.
        Do you know what, I knew you'd be in here with your ****ed up poison.

Hatton didn't take PEDS to shift his weight. He spent months on end to get it down in training camp. ****ing troll who has nothing good to say about British fighters. Scum bag.

Hopkins was shot to **** was he????? What bull****. Hopkins had years left at the top. In fact, Calzaghe was past his prime more that Bernard was. Hopkins at that point had only lost a bit of stamina but still had better stamina than 90% of fighters at any weight.

Joe's hands were completely messed up. And he wasn't as physically strong as he was when in prime. So beating Hopkins was a great win.

As for Jones... he WAS on PEDS. He got caught cheating. Plus he ducked Joe just like he ducked every other threat.

Now **** off.

Comment

Both were rated exactly where they're suppose to. 1 a possible hof and the other A really good fighter.

People think Hatton was overrated because he had a huge following, but that's only because UK fans support their fighters. Plus Hatton was an easy guy to cheer for. Funny, would always crack jokes in interviews, very likeable.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            Roid Jones ducked Calzaghe just like he ducked Steve Collins. If either one of them is overrated, it's that cheat Jones, not Joe.
            You can't fight in the UK your entire career and expect to be anything but a local yocal.

Jones made it crystal clear he wasn't fighting out of the country due to his experience in the Olympics. USA IS the stage for Boxing, always has and always will be. You UK scrubs can wank off to Wembley with 70k pulling in a mediocre gate all you want. Y'all fix fights, home brew champions, and let your fighters get away with murder (Benn.McClellan, Hatton.Tszyu), the list goes on.

Go ahead and call Roy a cheat but the truth us the best Boxers in the Earth's history come from the United States of America. The UK will never be recognized for having great champions because your trainers are dogwank.

Collins was a two-bit bum with domestic names littering his resume. If McCallum, Kalambay, or Reggie Johnson beat Steve in his prime, Roy Jones Jr. would have put that fool in a pine box pushing up daisies.

Quit sniffing around my jockstrap sonny cuz you're cruising your way into a one-way ticket to my ignore list. You have never made a good post ONCE and every time I see you it's some UK nuthugger comment. Steve Collins, you got to be kidding me lmao.

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
            SNIP
            In a nutshell --- YDKSAB.
            Last edited by McNulty; 02-28-2018, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Hatton is perfectly rated. Joe is quite overrated.

Comment

You can't fight in the UK your entire career and expect to be anything but a local yocal.

Jones made it crystal clear he wasn't fighting out of the country due to his experience in the Olympics. USA IS the stage for Boxing, always has and always will be. You UK scrubs can wank off to Wembley with 70k pulling in a mediocre gate all you want. Y'all fix fights, home brew champions, and let your fighters get away with murder (Benn.McClellan, Hatton.Tszyu), the list goes on.

Go ahead and call Roy a cheat but the truth us the best Boxers in the Earth's history come from the United States of America. The UK will never be recognized for having great champions because your trainers are dogwank.

Collins was a two-bit bum with domestic names littering his resume. If McCallum, Kalambay, or Reggie Johnson beat Steve in his prime, Roy Jones Jr. would have put that fool in a pine box pushing up daisies.

Quit sniffing around my jockstrap sonny cuz you're cruising your way into a one-way ticket to my ignore list. You have never made a good post ONCE and every time I see you it's some UK nuthugger comment. Steve Collins, you got to be kidding me lmao.

A Brit had to have beaten one of your favourite fighters for you to be this poisonous.

Britain hasn't produced great fighters throughout history?? And you're saying I DKSAB??

And the end of the day, you're still a poisonous American who comes off as creepy with all the hate you have for us. You're an idiot.

And saying Hatton must of been on PEDS when he's never failed a test but defending Jones who IS a proven cheat is just hilarious. Americans cheat more than the whole world combined.

We do home cooking???? Coming from the most corrupt place on earth the USA???? Hahahahahahahahahahaha

****ing deluded.

Comment

Lennox Lewis won the heavyweight Tourney of the 90's between Bowe-Holyfield-Tyson-Moore-Foreman-Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                    A Brit had to have beaten one of your favourite fighters for you to be this poisonous.

Britain hasn't produced great fighters throughout history?? And you're saying I DKSAB??

And the end of the day, you're still a poisonous American who comes off as creepy with all the hate you have for us. You're an idiot.

And saying Hatton must of been on PEDS when he's never failed a test but defending Jones who IS a proven cheat is just hilarious. Americans cheat more than the whole world combined.

We do home cooking???? Coming from the most corrupt place on earth the USA???? Hahahahahahahahahahaha

****ing deluded.
                    I don't even know who you are, but I can see this is going nowhere fast. You've obviously had far too much kool aid my friend and you've got a bit of pink foam in the corners of your mouth. I think it's time to put the glass down while we get you on an ignore list until you recover from your illness.

Once you recover, work on getting your levels higher. I don't engage on that low of level.

Feel better!

Comment

I don't even know who you are, but I can see this is going nowhere fast. You've obviously had far too much kool aid my friend and you've got a bit of pink foam in the corners of your mouth. I think it's time to put the glass down while we get you on an ignore list until you recover from your illness.

Once you recover, work on getting your levels higher. I don't engage on that low of level.

Feel better!
                      I don't even know who you are apart from you slandering every British fighter on the forum. Every time the thread is about a Brit, I know you'll be there with your poison without fail.

Do we make you insecure you little two-bit no mark??

Oh no, please don't put me on ignore, you'll hurt my feelings. ****ing nut-job.

Comment

Working...
                      X