Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the WBA force Thurman and Matthysse to unify?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Am fine with that. Sometimes you got to make a stand.
    There is merit to that and I can certainly respect that position.

I also can see merit in the WBC approach, which is to try to facilitate the biggest fights possible.

Personally, the WBC and IBF titles are the only ones I recognize. Hard to take the WBA seriously as a world title until they get rid of the super titles and I've never recognized the WBO.

Comment

if i remember correctly the "super" champ has no obligation to fight mandatories. but the "regular" champ does.. this was the loophole mayweather used to blatantly duck thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        There is merit to that and I can certainly respect that position.

I also can see merit in the WBC approach, which is to try to facilitate the biggest fights possible.

Personally, the WBC and IBF titles are the only ones I recognize. Hard to take the WBA seriously as a world title until they get rid of the super titles and I've never recognized the WBO.
        I try to stay optimistic with the WBA and they did indeed get rid of some of the super titles.

But they just recently awarded taguchi a super title for the unification fight against melindo and already scheduled a fight between canizales vs konishi for the new vacant regular title.

I understand why they ordered matthysse vs kiram for the regular, because they want to get rid of the super title, so that was alright with me.

The recent move with taguchi makes me doubt that they really intend to get rid of the super title.

Comment

Working...
        X