Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name fighters that have never been accused of ever ducking a fight in their careers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gabriel roasado

Comment

Gerald Mclellan

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
        Roberto Duran and James Toney.
        Toney was accused of ducking at heavyweight. He called out Wladimir a lot. When the fight didn't happen, people said it was because Toney was too scared to actually follow through.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
          Toney was accused of ducking at heavyweight. He called out Wladimir a lot. When the fight didn't happen, people said it was because Toney was too scared to actually follow through.
          Oh really? That duckin mutha...

Well, he always talked a great game.

Comment

Anyone that fought pre-NSB

Comment

Carl Froch
              Erik Morales
              Oscar De La Hoya

Comment

Wasn't Lennox accused of ducking Chris Byrd and John Ruiz back in the day?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Didn't "duck" but priced himself out of Taylor II, DLH, and Mayweather.
                  I know the Taylor 2 but you got a link for the other two?

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                    But he did duck a rematch with Foreman.Now by the time Foreman got back boxing was 76 and by that time Ali was shot but he did not want him again even though he still was champ.Everyone can be accused of ducking if you really want to be fair.
                    Nope, that's not a fair assessment of what happened at all. There is nothing to indicate Ali would not want the biggest non-Frazier fight to NOT happen. Prove it.

I can prove otherwise by simple knowledge of what was happening in boxing at the time. Foreman spent over a year out of the ring before fighting his first legitimate, post-Ali opponent, namely Ron Lyle. However, during his "time off", Foreman got fat, he got slower than ever and had one of the most ridiculous exhibitions of all time, fighting 5 "boxers" in one night. That was a horrendous show, where the crowd booed and hissed all night long, Ali was on commentary and ripped Foreman apart and the big man's reputation was shredded to pieces.

By the time he did return to full time competition in 76, he fought someone Ali had an easy time with, a shot Frazier and then some contenders. All this in the hopes of working his way back into title contention. That could have happened late 77 but right in the first half of the year, Foreman lost to Young, a decent but nothing special fighter. Then he spoke about visions, demons, being cleansed and retired.

So when was this rematch supposed to happen? After Foreman was viewed as a joke post 5 man show?

Like I said, we have to be fair and realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Have you seen almost every duck thread? There is minimal "realistic" sh^t going on with all those threads.

I disagree. Just cuz you fought a tough guy in the past it doesn't mean if you avoid him at a future date it isn't a duck. That would be like saying Canelo wouldn't be ducking GGG if he didn't rematch him in May, don't matter if you talk about it or not publicly like Lennox. A duck is a duck.
                      Canelo fought GGG once, to a draw in a fight no one thought he won.

Ali fought Norton three times, in fights that could have gone either way. Ali came out of that 2-1. When was Ali supposed to fight Norton again? Give me an exact date because you claim its a duck.

Plus I don't care about other threads. I guess most of you are annoyed most of the ducking accusations are aimed at lil boy floy but it is what it is. If he had spent his prime fighting the best available opposition, he wouldnt be maligned and his fans would not feel the need to malign greater fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X