Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have people forgotten how Mayweather cracked early in his career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richardt View Post
    I was like a kid in a candy store when 286 motherboard computers came out and I built one and got on AOL in 1992.

lol my first computer was around 1996 when we got a 286 at a garage sale for $50, including a desk and printer. Had a monochrome text only orange monitor and dos 5.0

then soon after i got a 386 with a black and white vga monitor and windows 3.1. balling

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
      the significance of the ndou fight was it was mayweathers first fight at 140. nobody was expecting a stoppage
      Pretty sure it was at 135.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
          I'm a Mayweather stan. Ndou was a nobody. Nobody was hyping him the way they did Valero. Nobody thought he was going to get knocked out.

And you have the nerve to call me a casual. Smh. Sounds like you just started watching the sport tbh.
          He's right though, you are a casual.

OT - Mayweather clearly had power when he was younger and fighting at lower weights. He wasn't able to carry up that power when he moved up in weight and he rarely got a KO later in his career, but you could still see his punches how enough power in them to keep people honest and prevent them from rushing in.

Comment

Floyd never had one hitter quitter power at the elite level. To be honest if he did, it would have almost been unfair considering he was already leaps and bounds better than just about anyone else he fought in most other categories (that's not so much a dismiss he level of opponents, more so on his abilities).

In the lower weight classes before Floyd hurt his hands, he was more offensive minded. He would break guys down, but even in the lower weight classes he wasn't a big puncher. That's not to say Floyd couldn't punch, because the fact is Floyd would have never kept guys off him or got guys to respect him if he didn't have enough power to hurt his opponent and keep them honest. Now you also have to take into Floyd style of fighting and his hand issues. Floyd first off didn't throw punches to knock his opponents out, Floyd more so often threw arm punches so he wasn't putting himself in a position to get countered and so he could get back in defensive position. Floyd threw punches at a lot of different speeds with different power, but he would just look to land scoring shots more so than hurtful shots. But like I said at the end of the day, he must have hit most of his opponents with something that hurt them or he would have never reached the level he did.

Comment

reading these comments smh how can grown men be this childish. Floyd definitely could crack back then, when he moved up, and adding brittle hands he switched his style to adapt, that's when most of these so called boxing fans started watching him

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                lol my first computer was around 1996 when we got a 286 at a garage sale for $50, including a desk and printer. Had a monochrome text only orange monitor and dos 5.0

then soon after i got a 386 with a black and white vga monitor and windows 3.1. balling
                Yeah, VGA was like a dream with all those 256 colors and opened up a world of possibilities at the time. Then super VGA with the 16 millions colors was heaven. Back in the day when you could build a PC for less than buying one.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                  He's right though, you are a casual.

OT - Mayweather clearly had power when he was younger and fighting at lower weights. He wasn't able to carry up that power when he moved up in weight and he rarely got a KO later in his career, but you could still see his punches how enough power in them to keep people honest and prevent them from rushing in.
                  You've got the nerve to call someone a casual?

Comment

lol. mayweather had unbelievable skills but lets not pretend he was the next coming of george foreman. The guy couldnt crack an egg, no power whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                      You need to go watch the N'Dou fight. N'Dou was a beast that nobody thought Floyd would beat much less stop.

That's just one of 4 off the top of my head.

floyd was a 3-4.5 to 1 favorite IIRC, but nice try

Comment

Working...
                      X