No announcement yet.

Just watched Holyfield Tyson 1 again. Today's heavyweights are all TRASH

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
    Since when does taking steroids improve skills?????

Tyson and Holyfield had skills that took YEARS to develop and harness.

Anyone can throw windmill punches like Wilder.
    holyfield was a juiced cyborg. from growth harmones his forehead was like a goats. a battering ram

Comment

I watched abit of this fight again, afew days ago. At the time of the fight, I can remember as a kid? People stating that it was not a good fight. But when you compare the intensity and pace of Holyfield vs Tyson I, to most of the heavyweights fights today 'The heavyweights now seemingly do not have the ability to fight at a good pace' even Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder was fought at a snails pace and they where both very fatigued.

I have always stated that Evander Holyfield vs Mike Tyson II, would of been the most intense heavyweight fight in history if it would of carried on. Those two fighters where for me? Two of the most highly conditioned heavyweights I had ever seen for that particular fight. Both Holyfield & Tyson weighed in at 217/18 pounds, and the opening rounds of that fight 'Looked as if TWO super-middle-weights where fighting' Their body movements, speed and intensity resembled a world class fight at super middle weight 'Incredible'.

Without a shadow of a doubt where the heavyweights of the 90's better fighters. People try and make out that these days the game is full of mass monsters, YES we have some heavy fighters. But how many of these fighters apart of Anthony Joshua 'Are lean mass' none really. That is why Deontay Wilder is smart in just being himself and training, and not worrying about becoming some sort of mass monster 'It means nothing'.

Comment

Didn't need to watch an old fight to figure that out

Comment

when the top 3 HWs of this era consists of a stiff robot with a glass chin, a windmilling poor boxer and an awkward boxer with pillowfists, yeah it's laughable to even mention them along with the 90s HW era. But before Joshua was exposed, many of those UK fans got fooled by Hearn into believing Joshua was something special heh

Comment

you're talking about 2 of the greatest heavyweights of all time.

Comment

That’s exactly how I felt after watching Holyfield Bowe 1.

Comment

Watching the ghost of Mike Tyson get headbutted by the goat (not an acronym ) made me sad.

Comment

Working...
                X