Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: AIBA Calling For Fresh Elections After Losing Olympic Recognition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: AIBA Calling For Fresh Elections After Losing Olympic Recognition

One day after being stripped of Olympic recognition, boxing body AIBA called for fresh elections in November to help rebuild its image and relations with the IOC. AIBA executive committee member Umar Kremlev of Russia said Thursday a new president will be elected Nov. 15 in Lausanne, Switzerland.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I hope this end this saga

Thank goodness that this issue is moving in the right direction.

Comment

If they kicked AIBA out for corruption then idk why they'd let them back in.

Create a new group from the ground up. Thats what they are looking to do anyway it sounded like to me.

Comment

Watch them elect some other shady Eastern European with ties to organised crime and say no, this guy is totally different from the last guy

Comment

Now the AIBA president position is for grabs at $17mln

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            If they kicked AIBA out for corruption then idk why they'd let them back in.

Create a new group from the ground up. Thats what they are looking to do anyway it sounded like to me.
            The professional bodies are vying to take the the spot in amateur boxing.

The WBA have been fairly active in trying to replace the AIBA

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
              The professional bodies are vying to take the the spot in amateur boxing.

The WBA have been fairly active in trying to replace the AIBA
              Honestly can't say I love that idea, but its hard to imagine they could f#ck things up as bad as AIBA & be putting criminal kingpins into positions of power.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Honestly can't say I love that idea, but its hard to imagine they could f#ck things up as bad as AIBA & be putting criminal kingpins into positions of power.
                Get ready for the new wave of Super Franchise Amateur world champions, that’s all I’m saying

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                  Get ready for the new wave of Super Franchise Amateur world champions, that’s all I’m saying
                  LOL.

Be having Interim Golden Glove Champions. Super Olympic Champion & Regular Olympic Champion.

Comment

Working...
                  X