Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deontay channels his inner Shavers every fight

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
      Nice meme, now let's hear a solid breakdown you dumbass.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        barry robinson used to post here. he's not much more qualified than some hack "coaching" kids at a gym. at least he wasn't then.

if you think wilder has much more going for hiim than novice boxing skills, size, and power you're all wrong. he's a crude fighter and there's not much going on "beneath the surface." foreman won a gold medal at the olympics [when boxing in the olympics mattered] and had very solid boxing skills and a very good jab. you saw that later in lfe when he returned to boxing after a lot of his physical skills had diminshed and he was still able to be competitive with a very decent HW era. iwlder's in an awful HW era, in his prime, and relies on nothing but his power and his length. if he weren't physically gifted and in an awful division mostly void of talent you'd have no idea who he is.
        How dare he teach children anything? Last I knew he was with Gokhan Saki, but I'm curious how credentials play a role. You and I have none and both of us seem to think we're able to explain a jab.....So are any of the techniques he's talking about not actually what he called them or are you suggesting a jab can be poorly explained not because the explanation is poor but because the explainer is not celebrated?

Yes, I see. Wilder can't possibly be using the same style of fighting as George because George was better and has the accolades to prove it. That makes sense to you? That's linear is it?

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
        I'm a Wilder fan, but he showed zero boxing skill last fight. He looked like a street fighter that landed a big punch in the fifth and then just went wild for the kill. Arms just flailing
        Are you saying the positioning, posturing, and footwork is not boxing or that coach is wrong about the purposes behind Wilder doing it?

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
        George know how to punch ,Wilder dont
        Ok, but do they have the same purpose in mind when punching?

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
        Wilder would destroy Foreman. Foreman cannot close distance effectively, give Wilder a 3 inch reach advantage and he's done. Not to mention Wilder hits twice as hard. Foreman had ****ty defense to and is power was good, but somewhat overrated, especially in the later rounds. He falls apart after the 5th and starts looking just as sloppy as Wilder, if not worse. No way Wilder let's a slow ass George Foreman close distance on him.
        I do appreciate your breakdown of a h2h competition between the two, but I was hoping for more of a skill set comparison.

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        Foreman is a proven legendary champion who threw perfect punches with incredible power. Wilder is unproven with Stiverne being his best win. Wilder throws some of the widest, sloppiest, most incorrectly thrown punches I have ever seen a champion throw. Most of Wilder's punches are just arm punches with no real power. Maybe one punch he throws out of 20 punches is thrown correctly with some bodyweight in the punch. With his size and hand speed any punch Wilder throws correctly has KO power. His team needs to work on his punching form. Foreman didn't throw those round the world punches that travel 5 feet. A boxer can see them coming long before they land.
        Awfully focused on punches in response to a video about footwork and generalship. Have you any thoughts on comparing Foreman and Wilder's footwork?

Originally posted by Scary View Post
        Awesome breakdown, I really enjoyed it, and even felt like I learned something new. I also did not think this was a bad fight. Heavyweight is super interesting at the moment, and in the top somethings really brewing.
        I really do appreciate you taking the time to watch. Maybe after a while we can have conversations about technique while everyone else talks about names and vague terms like skills.

Originally posted by Thurman View Post
        Deontay channels his inner Shavers every fight

Great fight. Great fighters.

-------------------

So the basic consensus is Coach Robinson is wrong because George is celebrated for his accomplishments and Wilder isn't?

How does that make sense to you guys?

If I said Marciano and Tyson are similar would you tell me no they aren't because Mike got knocked out and Rock didn't?

If I said Moore, Gans, and Mayweather come from the black code which relates back to the Mendoza school combining with Richmond and Molineaux would y'all tell me Nah Floyd ain't lost doe?

I'm talking about how a fighter fights like another fighter and all I ever get is comparing accolades.

You guys really think you're not casual fans? All you want to do is talk about names and awards like boxing is a soap opera not a sport with clearly defined techniques handed down for thousands of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
          How dare he teach children anything? Last I knew he was with Gokhan Saki, but I'm curious how credentials play a role. You and I have none and both of us seem to think we're able to explain a jab.....So are any of the techniques he's talking about not actually what he called them or are you suggesting a jab can be poorly explained not because the explanation is poor but because the explainer is not celebrated?

Yes, I see. Wilder can't possibly be using the same style of fighting as George because George was better and has the accolades to prove it. That makes sense to you? That's linear is it?

Are you saying the positioning, posturing, and footwork is not boxing or that coach is wrong about the purposes behind Wilder doing it?

I do appreciate your breakdown of a h2h competition between the two, but I was hoping for more of a skill set comparison.

Awfully focused on punches in response to a video about footwork and generalship. Have you any thoughts on comparing Foreman and Wilder's footwork?

I really do appreciate you taking the time to watch. Maybe after a while we can have conversations about technique while everyone else talks about names and vague terms like skills.

-------------------

So the basic consensus is Coach Robinson is wrong because George is celebrated for his accomplishments and Wilder isn't?

If I said Marciano and Tyson are similar would you tell me no they aren't because Mike got knocked out and Rock didn't?

If I said Moore, Gans, and Mayweather come from the black code which relates back to the Mendoza school combining with Richmond and Molineaux would y'all tell me Nah Floyd ain't lost doe?

I'm talking about how a fighter fights like another fighter and all I ever get is comparing accolades.

You guys really think you're not casual fans? All you want to do is talk about names and awards like boxing is a soap opera not a sport with clearly defined techniques handed down for thousands of years.
          Subscribed and looking forward to new content. I don't see why people are hating, superb analysis.

Comment

Well, yeah, I guess there was some Foreman-Moorer here.

Wilder was being outboxed, then pulled out a KO.

Anyway, troll harder kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              The hell? does the guy even know boxing? Big George actually knows how to use a jab, and using it to cut off the ring against movers such as Norton and especially knows how to set up right hands constantly. It is insulting to even mention Wilder next to foreman on anything.
              WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder nearly doubled the division average for landed jabs per round, while landing 57.2% of his power shots- 16% higher than the division average.

- See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-vs....nrHpnOx9.dpuf

Dont let the technique fool you.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
                Well, yeah, I guess there was some Foreman-Moorer here.

Wilder was being outboxed, then pulled out a KO.

Anyway, troll harder kid.
                I'd say Marciano owns the patent on that one, and I wouldn't say it's a bad thing.

I don't know why it's considered trolling to ask for a comparison between the fighters that actually includes the movements they employ and why they employ them instead of comparing their resumes and awards.

I think most of y'all suffer from cognitive dissonance, follow boxing media too closely, and have limited knowledge beyond the surface level. So you give a piss poor answer like "But George got dem medal doe" then celebrate the fact that, that nonsense makes sense to you and people likewise deluded by their own perception of what boxing should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post

-------------------

foreman and wilder have two things in common, power and size. wilder boxes like a novice. foreman boxed like a guy with a pedigree who could look wild because of his power and his intentions. wilder misses punches by a foot sometimes

as for my credentials, i had them for several years. media credentials. sat ringside and covered fights on hbo, showtime, espn, and local TV / fights that werent' even on TV. probably spent more time on the phone and in conversation with world class boxers and their management and trainers than barry has in the last 10 years. going off of what he used to post here and his lack of professionalism i'd be shocked if he's still anything more than some unemployed guy with a lot of free time and spending it at a gym.

you're more than welcome to look up his old posts if you don't believe me. i don't give enough of a **** about the guy to dig them up. he's a childish hack if nothing has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    foreman and wilder have two things in common, power and size. wilder boxes like a novice. foreman boxed like a guy with a pedigree who could look wild because of his power and his intentions. wilder misses punches by a foot sometimes

Still don't see what that has to do with footwork, positioning, or posturing.

as for my credentials, i had them for several years. media credentials. sat ringside and covered fights on hbo, showtime, espn, and local TV / fights that werent' even on TV. probably spent more time on the phone and in conversation with world class boxers and their management and trainers than barry has in the last 10 years. going off of what he used to post here and his lack of professionalism i'd be shocked if he's still anything more than some unemployed guy with a lot of free time and spending it at a gym.

I've been talking **** about writers since I got here.

Again I have to ask why any of that is relevant. He's either right or he isn't. If there's another name for what he's saying or another explanation for why Wilder moves how he does I am open to hearing it, but who Barry is, who you are, and who I am has nothing to do with right and wrong.

you're more than welcome to look up his old posts if you don't believe me. i don't give enough of a **** about the guy to dig them up. he's a childish hack if nothing has changed.
                    I don't know how this makes any sense at all to you.

Once again is a jab ever poorly explained because the explainer is not celebrated or it only possibly to poorly explain a jab because the explanation itself is faulty?

It seems to me you've a bigger issue with the source than what the source is claiming. I'll look for coach acting the fool, but I really don't see what difference it makes.

I do appreciate the attempt to get me to see what you are saying but you're just not speaking my language. You're talking names and credit and i'm talking reasons behind Wilder's movements.

Comment

I cant watch this video on the platform im on , i believe ive seen his vids awhile back and corrected him on some style match ups the name barry on youtube sounds familiar. Seems to know his stuff and Wilder and Foreman certainly have SIMALARITIES ( not identical ) things they do . I called Wilder a blend of Foreman (stiff power ) and Ali ( only bc speed and fights preferably off back foot ) awhile back and am NOT claiming he is EITHER just a certain blend . Sometimes thats a bad thing ,Wilder is very herky jerky and makesit difficult for himself at times .

Wilder doesnt have the punching fluiity of Ali or Foremans balance ( even he had poor balance most of the time when missing or delivering punches ) What Foreman had was a better jab that let him fight easier ,Wilder struggles here and thats why fighting off the back foot suits him more and seems to get the k.os with guys coming at him .

Foreman relied on going forward the total opposite bc he was usually vastly stronger than everyone in his era , and was much harder to hit off balance than Wilder is .The differance is the faster Wilder cannot bulldoze guys like Foreman ,he HAS to wait on a opening ,where Foreman creates his and can do this working through the power jab .

In the end they do have many sloppy knock outs but each just employs a different approach ,both have strengths and weaknesses but Foreman would create problems if they fought eachother bc of the sole jab which the Washington fight gave me alot of answers that i couldn't know , despite Foremans own defensive flaws i believe he would k.o Wilder .
                      Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-03-2017, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X