Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia to Face Sergey Lipinets February 10 in San Antonio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
    He waited for Crawford to leave 140 playing dumb like he we wanted to continue fighting at 135.
    Bingo.........and also moved himself away from Loma.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
      jesus christ some of you have high expectations dont you, who exactly were you expecting him to fight? Hes just fought broner who lets not forget many on here were somehow tipping to beat him 'broner taking it serious, unfilled potential, he too big' etc. Lipinets is hardly some bum on paper
      You know I realize now that boxing fans don't like fighters who want to control their careers. We've seen people turn on Canelo, GGG, Floyd, etc. in the past for various reasons but it's usually associated with "business decisions." (Which make sense to any logical adult lol)

I think it just comes with the independence. The guys who are covered by promoters get shielded. People blame Arum or Haymon or Hearn or Duva or whoever. But when a guy makes it clear he calls his shots. The hate starts.

**** It, can't please everybody lol

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        Not really into this match. As usual Mikey just cherry picking a straight ahead aggressive fighter and making the move to 140 permanent now that Bud has moved up for good and Loma is talking 135.
        Bingo glad I'm not the only one who can see it.Its the same style over and over.Slow feet and square.Mikey needs to be called out DUCKER.And why would you move to 140 NOW???????Crawford gone and now farther away from Loma.DUCKER

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
          Seriously. Nailed it bro. Mickey is getting too much praise for no reason
          Yeah, I mean seriously. Since ducking Gamboa he's beaten a nobody, a midget 5 foot 4 lightweight and Broner who's average and has multiple losses and was coming off a wretched performance in a fight he really lose (Granados). Even before that he was doing alright but not recording any special wins. He's not fighting unbeaten guys and it's always straight ahead fighters that play into his hands.

He's name dropped some impressive opponents but that's it. But I guess he's the new guy now that Walters and Rigo have been exposed.

Comment

........And he could have beat Linares and Easter but HE WONT DARE TO BE GREAT.

Comment

Not a bad fight but compared to what fights can be made for Mikey no where near top of the list.

Comment

Mikey has no speed, flat footed, always used his size advantage and has a suspect chin, just like his brother, i think the fight will have a controversial stoppage on cuts or something
                Last edited by Satir; 12-14-2017, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                  Bingo glad I'm not the only one who can see it.Its the same style over and over.Slow feet and square.Mikey needs to be called out DUCKER.
                  Yeah, since he had a close call earlier in his career and then trouble with Lock just before he won his first title the opposition changed to straight forward, slow footed, smaller brawlers.

He's never switched it up and has shied away from the guys with fast feet and stick and move skills.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                    ........And he could have beat Linares and Easter but HE WONT DARE TO BE GREAT.
                    I'd pick him to beat either but clearly he doesn't like certain styles and attributes. Always gotta be the bigger man and have an opponent who will come to him.

Comment

I like Mikey Garcia. This is a good fight, where I expect him to win wide on points. Only fight I saw of Lipinets was Zappavigna. Looking at his full record, I doubt he has the tools to win. Could be proven wrong but I doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                      X