No announcement yet.

Barack Obama finessed the Republican Party

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    "If you're injured, best system in the world. If you're sick, get a bible and start praying"
    And you're calling for that system here?!?!?

Comment

Big pharma came away good in Obamacare. What are you talking about? Another low information voter.
      What happened in Canada under universal health care drug prices came down not up.

Comment

Believe it or not I used to be fairly conservative. More libertarian leaning and still hold a lot of their views especially on civil rights, drug war, and resisting the police state. The last President I voted for was George W. Bush in 2000. I've voted in presidential primaries (Ron Paul and Bernie Sanders) but haven't voted in a general election since.

The Republican platform used to be government has no business in healthcare. Obama has forced the Republican party to accept government interference in health care. Now Republicans are drafting a health care bill to replace Obamacare. Even if they replace Obamacare they have still taken a position that wasn't part of their platform.

Whatever bill they come up with it will still be as bad as Obamacare. Universal healthcare is on the way. Once the Republicans have accepted government belongs in healthcare that's the logical next step. Obamacare, Trumpcare, whatever care won't solve the problem. Universal healthcare is the only fix
        Politically America is in a bad position. The Republicans plan to do little of nothing for the next few years because to stay in power all they have to do is keep slapping the **** out of the media and Democrats.

If they do something and the country doesn't like it, it gives ammo to the Democrats.

The Democrats only plan of action is to attack Trump and promise free stuff. But Trump can also promise free stuff and without any legislation to hold against Trump their attacks are empty.

The Democrats need to come to the understanding that the country hates them and their leadership more than they hate Trump or 2018 could turn into another blood bath.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          What happened in Canada under universal health care drug prices came down not up.
          And yet Canadians come here for surgery. Including high level politicians.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
            The Democrats only plan of action is to attack Trump and promise free stuff. But Trump can also promise free stuff and without any legislation to hold against Trump their attacks are empty.

The Democrats need to come to the understanding that the country hates them and their leadership more than they hate Trump or 2018 could turn into another blood bath.
            My man do you speak the truth there.

They've went 0-4 in special elections since Trump won, and each one was a "referendum on Trump". And yet after each one, the answer was the same, attack Trump and we will win this time. They are stuck on stupid.

As for the free stuff, see that where the 'on the fence' or moderate type working class Americans figured out all that free stuff, yeah they pay for it. Obamacare was supposed to bring their costs down, $2500 per year. Everyone got health insurance too. Win-win.

But what happened? Well those folks saw their premiums skyrocket. So yes, everyone got health insurance, but the money had to come from somewhere. So it was really a win-lose. And those who lost, they rightly blamed the Democrats who gave them Obamacare.

And they've figured out that any other "free" stuff the Democrats promise is going to a lose for them again.

The "stupid" were at least smart enough to not get snookered again. They weren't as "stupid" as the Democrats though they were.

Now suddenly the winning formula isn't working.

They have no Plan B. It's sure fun to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              And yet Canadians come here for surgery. Including high level politicians.
              Ok which politicians. I don't know a single person that has gone to the States for surgery except my wife. It was a dental proceedure. We could have gone to Toronto and had it done but the clinic in the US was closer. That was 25 yesrs ago. I'm 67 by the way and at this age a lot of my friends have had surgery. It's very rare that people go to the US for medical procedures. Universal health care isn't perfect for sure but I don't have to worry about paying a hospital.

Comment

Biggest Pro: Everyone has coverage

Biggest Con: Long waits to see the doctor for routine visits. I have a friend in Canada and he says this about their healthcare system.
                "If you're injured, best system in the world. If you're sick, get a bible and start praying"
                There are long waits yes. There wasn't until the government privatised the management of the hospital's. They cut staff and increased their own pay. The part about being sick and getting a Bible isn't true. The long waits depend on where you live. The population of Canada live mainly in large cities more so than in the US. The doctors don't want to go the smaller towns. If your outside of them your wait times are going to be longer. Don't know how it is in the US.

Comment

Working...
                X