Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killer Whales take down Tiger Shark!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can outweigh a German Shepherd by 100lbs, does that meant it's not going to tear me a new ass.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
      You do realize being big isn't always an asset right.. orcas usually hunt down seals, penguins and stuff.. they have not known to take on sharks another apex predator not until it was discovered few decades or so ago.. sharks have an edge over them in terms of tools(razor sharp teeth) and speed.. but orcas belonging to dolphin family are amongst the intelligent hunters...
      Exactly!!

Comment

They are the Klitchkos of the underwater world..the apex predators and practically the smartest under water animal with high IQ like the klitchkos who dominate anyone that challenges them.

Comment

Killer Whales also hunt Pods of Sperm whales! but overall i think animals such as Lions and Tigers are the worlds number 1 predators! because they have actual threats that are purposely gunning for them! if Killer Whales just wanted to live a simple and chilled out life? they could..(There only real threat are humans, none of the other creatures in the ocean have their kind of mentality, they are like underwater wolves!).....

I will never ever forget an animal clip featuring 3 male lions fighting! two of the lions where ganging up on one of the males! his legs where mauled and he was just lying on the fall (Unable to move!) but even still in this state, he was fighting back! i could not even make it to the end of the video......(And i will admit that i shed a tear! haha). I always used to wonder where the term (Lion Heart) comes from..? but after i viewed that video, and the bravery and courage displayed by that Lion! i then realized the origin of the term (Lion Heart!). Apparently the brothers of the male Lion that was killed, avenged his death! and hunted down the two male lions responsible for his brutal murder! (According to animal researchers it was a unusual death for a Lion, because it seemed like torture!).

There seems to be a code between all cats when they fight, they will fight until a certain point! and then ether one backs down, or runs away! there is something very Honorable about all cats in that regard, even domestic cats..(Dogs kill each other all the time, some of them seem like bullies aswell)..

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
            Ants are the kings in that regard
            gravity barely affects ants it doesn't count, take any invertebrate the size of say a mouse etc they are equally as strong compared to mice and simlar sized mammals and lizards or they are weaker

they are not p4p strong

a big cat is, a crocodile is, Tyson is, an ant is not

Comment

Damn, I remember reading Tiger Sharks are the most aggressive shark species too.

Mako sharks are still my favorite, doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sup View Post
                Damn, I remember reading Tiger Sharks are the most aggressive shark species too.

Mako sharks are still my favorite, doe.
                Tiger sharks are effectively garbage collectors of the sea and will eat anything but humans are generally not on their list

Same with Great Whites but they target things like seals due their high fat content - most attacks on humans are simply a case of mistaken identity as they attack from below

Not that I would get in the water with either of them

Bull sharks are horrible ****ers and, if in the mood, will attack anything and everything

Comment

Sperm Whales are the largest toothed Whales and Orcas hunt and take down this bad boys as well.

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
                    Yeah, Killer Whales are overrated. They are so massive - they should be able to own something that much smaller.

Tigers are the most impressive, IMO, as they role solo. Lol the male Lion sits back and lets the females get down and dirty, and only comes in for the swift kill when the beast is already mortally wounded. Still impressive that a group of Lions can take down a giraffe or elephant. Even water buffalo - those ****ers with their horns are huge.

Canines are extremely impressive in their ability to act with group intelligence, and bring down mighty prey.
                    Generally speaking....Tigers are more explosive and better hunters/athletes than Lions are....But they panic more easily and have less fighting spirit....The same thing holds try for their "maneating tendencies"....Tigers generally prefer to attack/kill humans from behind in a surprise attack....where as Lions have been observed boldly invading villages and killing Humans head on....without any surprise attack...

If you watch most of the fights between Tigers and Lions (which involve Captive Zoo animals...so they may not be accurate for wild Tigers/Lions)....The Tiger is faster/more explosive and generally dominates the fight in the beginning....but once/if the Lion weathers the early storm generally the Tiger will try to run away/stop fighting...While the Lion wants to keep going....This puts the Tiger at a disadvantage even through they are 25-50lbs heavier than Lions on average (for Bengal Tigers).....

So basically either Tiger via KO in rounds 1-4...or Male Lion via chase away/ko in rounds 4 onward...Both scenarios have happened when they pitted Tigers against Lions in fights in ancient Rome and elsewhere....So Tiger vs Lion is really a toss up and depends on the individual Lion and Tiger that are fighting.....

Being a solitary Hunter is probably a disadvantage when it comes to fighting (mentality wise)....Being solo means you have a high evolutionary incentive to avoid fighting/conflict because if you get badly injured in a fight you will be unable to hunt and may starve to death....

Where as if a Male Lion/Lioness gets injured in a fight....It can simply scavenge kills off of other Lions in its pride....So injuries can be much easier survived/overcome for Lions than for Solitary Tigers....Male Lions don't have the same evolved instinct to avoid fighting....as Solitary Felines do...because they don't risk starvation if they get badly injured in a fight
                    Last edited by animalfan10; 02-25-2017, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
                      Male lions get a bad rap..they spend the majority of their time patrolling their territory and engaging other males or threats to pride, not laying down taking naps. So yes, they won't be along for the hunts as often cause if they get injured, the pride is screwed.

When it comes to this topic, killers whales have the least to worry about in terms of being hunted. Size matters if equipped with the right tools(teeth, intelligence, group synergy etc
                      Male Lions do hunt larger animals (Buffalo, Giraffe even Hippos)...In fact they are often better than Lioness at hunting large slower creatures....

The reason they don't often hunt Zebras/Wildebeast and most medium sized prey is because they are slower and because their mane gives them away when they are trying to ambush these animals in the open terrain that is the African Savannah..

When talking about Carnivore vs Carnivore fights....Size is almost always the biggest determinant in who wins and who can dominate the other...So yes Size DOES matter when its Carnivore vs Carnivore...

Comment

Working...
                      X