Collapse
No announcement yet.

Massive riots at Reading Festival on Sunday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vid from a distance of the explosions from canisters, aerosoles and methylated spirits round the big fires. You can also see the lights wobbling from where people were tryin to bring the support poles down.

http://media.photobucket.com/video/g...0/MOV00156.flv

Comment

lol Leeds and Reading are for sixth formers who just started smoking weed , all sounds pathetic. I got mates who were involved in the riots in the past ****in jokers , kids just cant handle the beer. Get to a proper festival.

Comment

Missed out on festivals this year but they are always crazy.

Last year people were blowing up peoples tents but we got to watch metallica.

Creamfields was meant to be a diaster this year. 2 people got killed on the way and 3 people got killed on the way back. Creamfields last year was good...worked it and seen many famous people.

Comment

Originally posted by RainMatic View Post
          lol Leeds and Reading are for sixth formers who just started smoking weed , all sounds pathetic. I got mates who were involved in the riots in the past ****in jokers , kids just cant handle the beer. Get to a proper festival.
          lol what a wanker.

What in your infinite wisdom is a 'real' festival? I bet i've been to it aswell. All i said was that there riots. No need for you to step in and be a prick.

Comment

OK, was just searching reading vids on youtube and saw this. What a complete nutjob!!

Comment

Man, the last time i went was 03/04 this was just as it was turning from a metal/rock festival into the indie skater boy crap you have now. Its obviously full of silly little teenie boppers who can't handle their booze, make it over 21's i say!!!

Comment

Originally posted by John-Locke-9-22 View Post
                Man, the last time i went was 03/04 this was just as it was turning from a metal/rock festival into the indie skater boy crap you have now. Its obviously full of silly little teenie boppers who can't handle their booze, make it over 21's i say!!!
                Yeah the lineup was ****! Worst choice of headliners in history. KoL headlining? Theyre ok but no where near enough clout to pull it off. Arctic monkeys over prodigy? Radiohead closing it? I dont dislike radiohead but its an incredibly depressing way to end a festival thats why i went to dance to some trance. There was hardly any heavy rock. But i was offered a pre-booked ticket back in November last year and i hadnt been since 04.

I dont get all the kiddie hate, everyone was a kid once and they have every right to enjoy a festival as much as anyone else, there were dickheads of all ages at the festival, a lot of the ringleaders of the mayhem looked quite old tbh. We were near a couple of groups of kids and they were fine. Got wasted in peace, no trouble at all. Plus i dont think people realise how crazy the kids are nowadays, from what i saw it werent the booze they couldnt handle it was more like the Class A's. I saw so many youngsters K-holed or wonkey donkeyed it was unreal! (its not my bag at all but funny watching other people on it.)

Comment

Originally posted by Iamnotausername View Post
                  I suppose I should tell you about the music aswell.

In short. The Prodigy killed it. Whoever had the bright idea of putting the Arctic Monkeys above on the bill needs a kick in the nuts. Prodigy drew the biggest crowd of the whole festival. Absolute mayhem! What have the floppy haired monkeys ever done to deserve to be top? I dont blame the band, i'm sure they felt a bit uneasy about it aswell. Still it deprived everyone of hearing even more classic prodigy. Anyway, they were ridiculously good. Sound could have done with being turned up a few notches, but thats nitpicking!

Faith No More were awesome as i expected, a great privilige to see them as i thought i never would. When they were busting out the eastenders theme tune, everyone went mad. Played all the classics. Mike Patton is a nutter, but a good nutter at that! I was even more smug for the fact that most people went to see Kings of Leon and were sorely disappointed by the hissy fits they pulled. I had a great Friday singing along to an infinitely more important band

Deftones- Seen them lots of times and they never disappoint.

Deadmau5- Really surprised that the dance tent was so packed out for him, couldnt even get in. Nice chillaxing house to have a zoot to.

Chase & Status- Drum n bass darlings atm, played to a crazy crowd. Had to stop for 15 minutes inbetween sets cos the sounds wires kept on getting pulled out. I was in the middle of the tent and it felt like a rock gig more than a rave but i werent complainin. All the rock music seemed so slow and pedestrian after this set. Thats why i stayed in the dance tent for the rest of the evening and saw Vitalic who were the surprise of the festival. The trance, and light show was out of this world, will definitely try and see him in london somewhere.

Enter shikari- Dont really like em, but they really impressed me live. Very loud and had a crazy crowd!
                  Hahaha, Prodigy was ****ing INSANE, I got like 2 rows from the front, I was wearing a HOODY, soo crampt I couldn't take it off I nearly melted. They had to go off stage half way through because people in the crowd were getting trampled, It was scary ****, I was trying my best to pick guys up but you just physically can't sometimes when thousands are pushing you.

I thought the Monkeys were bollocks, he was off his ****, but alot of bands would have been a dampner after Prodigy.

I thought Kings of Leon were good, but their attitude, ****ing wankers.

Been watching Enter Shikari since well before their first album, seen them a few times now (small venues) did NOT expect them to have such a big crowd, I was also supprised how well they did on the main stage, plus in the daylight, which isn't the same.

OK, was just searching reading vids on youtube and saw this. What a complete nutjob!!

hahahaha, I rememeber seeing that leaking, worrying about stepping in it, let alone drinking it hahahahahahahaha

Comment

Yeah the lineup was ****! Worst choice of headliners in history. KoL headlining? Theyre ok but no where near enough clout to pull it off. Arctic monkeys over prodigy? Radiohead closing it? I dont dislike radiohead but its an incredibly depressing way to end a festival thats why i went to dance to some trance. There was hardly any heavy rock. But i was offered a pre-booked ticket back in November last year and i hadnt been since 04.

I dont get all the kiddie hate, everyone was a kid once and they have every right to enjoy a festival as much as anyone else, there were dickheads of all ages at the festival, a lot of the ringleaders of the mayhem looked quite old tbh. We were near a couple of groups of kids and they were fine. Got wasted in peace, no trouble at all. Plus i dont think people realise how crazy the kids are nowadays, from what i saw it werent the booze they couldnt handle it was more like the Class A's. I saw so many youngsters K-holed or wonkey donkeyed it was unreal! (its not my bag at all but funny watching other people on it.)
                    hey i was in brown wasnt too much trouble their. Walked over to yellow and it was like Helmand. What camp were you in?

Comment

Originally posted by Home town hero View Post
                      hey i was in brown wasnt too much trouble their. Walked over to yellow and it was like Helmand. What camp were you in?
                      I was in Green which had its fair share of mayhem. Riot police and security with blood streaming down their faces, plus loads of massive fires. I watched it all at a distance from my tent. Saying that it was nowhere near as bad as yellow and purple camp. You're right they were like helmand. Never seen anything like like it. The smoke was so thick I could barely breathe so I GTFO!

Comment

Working...
                      X