Collapse
No announcement yet.

In 2011 Andrzej Fonfara fought for $1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goddammit these promoter wars are ridiculous, seems like he took the fight for exposure, knew what he was getting into, and of course he should be payed more now that he is a decent name at 175.
    Last edited by ea22; 08-17-2015, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      Makes sense.

If they didn't want him to be on and it was their card, then she didn't have to pay him 1 dollar.

He essentially got to advertise himself on her show because he wanted it.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        In all honesty, that's not the truth. Or I assume anyway, what probably happened is he got a large percentage of the gate and any sort of TV money on offer.

It's like big name movie stars taking pay cuts or even the famous $1 payment for movies, especially indies and then taking a cut of the box office.
        He wasn't a big name Dr. Dipshtt this isn't like a ceo takin a 1$ salary and getting millions in stock

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          So the F what? I'm an AM boxer and i've fought for free. In fact, it cost me gas money. It's called, for the love of the sport, dummys.
          AM as in amateur?

So not a pro with 18 fights a bunch of ko's and a growing fan base.

All Fonfara is saying was they were wrong about him and times have changed and if the now want him pay him.

I am not sure how much gas money from Chicago to NYC would be. But the flight would be a couple of hundred bucks for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            Thanks for the explanation it makes everything even worse. I don't think she would like it if her fighters weren't shown on other cards. What a snake and then she wrotea $1 check to humiliate him even further

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              So the F what? I'm an AM boxer and i've fought for free. In fact, it cost me gas money. It's called, for the love of the sport, dummys.
              Amatuer boxer what's your name where are you training at? Might have to show up to your gym and KO you for 1$

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                Fonfara is a very hard working fighter who never comes into a fight out of shape or cheats the fans.
                Duva didn't want him then, but if she does now, he should be compensated, that's really all he is saying and I think it's great.

It's like a fvkk u u were wrong about me type of note.

Fonfara is a good dude and he never acts like a diva or makes silly demands.

He just goes to work and does the best he can.
                WAR FONFARA!!!
                Fonfara failed a drugs test for anabolic steroids and TKO'd the guy so I'm not so sure about all the good dude who never cheats the fans stuff.
                Last edited by Weebler I; 08-17-2015, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  Fonfara failed a drugs test for anabolic steroids and TKO'd the guy so I'm not so sure about all the good dude who never cheats the fans stuff.
                  Hey man those are some very serious accusations do you have a link?

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                    Thanks for the explanation it makes everything even worse. I don't think she would like it if her fighters weren't shown on other cards. What a snake and then she wrotea $1 check to humiliate him even further
                    You are misinterpreting the situation. I have had similar situations on my shows in the past. What happens is that a manager or promoter calls and wants to get a guy on your card, and offers to pay the purses involved. You still are required to have a signed contract to submit to the commission, but you cant take the risk that you execute a full purse contract, which you are now liable for, and then the other manager/promoter stiffs you.

So what you do is a $1 contract (in FL the commission wanted $10 as the lowest). That way you cant get screwed out of the money. And since the commission requires the promoter to pay according to the contract, Main Events had to cut $1 check, as silly as that is.....
                    Last edited by OnePunch; 08-17-2015, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                      You are misinterpreting the situation. I have had similar situations on my shows in the past. What happens is that a manager or promoter wants to get a guy on your card, and offers to pay the purses involved. You still are required to have a signed contract to submit to the commission, but you cant take the risk that you execute a full purse contract, which you are now liable for, and then the other manager/promoter stiffs you.

So what you do is a $1 contract (in FL the commission wanted $10 as the lowest). That way you cant get screwed out of the money. And since the commission requires the promoter to pay according to the contract, Main Events had to cut $1 check, as silly as that is.....
                      That's cool but we are all forgetting that duva was negotiating a kov vs fonfara fight and she again insulted him with a low ball offer and stated something publicly that is why fonfara posted this pic

Comment

Working...
                      X