Ricky Hatton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes he really can punch

Comment

i don't think that much of him at all.............although he is young and has potential..apart from that "who" has he beaten.......his best opponent was a fading ben tackie.

Comment

Originally posted by moochi
        i don't think that much of him at all.............although he is young and has potential..apart from that "who" has he beaten.......his best opponent was a fading ben tackie.
        Its been mentioned before in this thread about other fighters opponents, Hattons is no worst then most of the top 5 fighters.

I have watched most of Hattons fights, and i know that the guys he's beaten have ability. there definitly not bums, they deserve a lot more respect than people give them.

Comment

I love how people go on about Hatton and Calzaghe not travelling as a negative on them. Do they have it made here? Yeah I guess so. But they are also draws here both in buildings and on TV which is more than I can say about a lot of American fighters. And when in the blue hell do "marquee" American fighters ever fight abroad? The decent names and not the Vivian "I've seen girls with more balls than me" Harris' of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by elveiel
            Its been mentioned before in this thread about other fighters opponents, Hattons is no worst then most of the top 5 fighters.

I have watched most of Hattons fights, and i know that the guys he's beaten have ability. there definitly not bums, they deserve a lot more respect than people give them.
            i agree with you but i think 2005 is the year hatton must have a fight with a top 5 140lb fighter, whether its tzsyu, vivian harris, mayweather or gatti, he needs a big fight to truly show if he is to be considered an elite fighter. if he doesnt get a big fight next year then hatton should consider gettin rid of frank warren.

Comment

Originally posted by amaru
              i agree with you but i think 2005 is the year hatton must have a fight with a top 5 140lb fighter, whether its tzsyu, vivian harris, mayweather or gatti, he needs a big fight to truly show if he is to be considered an elite fighter. if he doesnt get a big fight next year then hatton should consider gettin rid of frank warren.
              I see Warren as part of the Hatton problem, i think the main problem is the opponents demanding more than they are worth because they know Hatton brings the money and could be a risky fight. Warrens only a problem in the sense he's not as powerful in the US as he is in the UK, Warren can normally control any deal in the UK but i imagine its very difficult against big named US based fighters with very big ego's.

The only promoter i think can do a better job than Warren in the US(not the UK) is Arum, but i dont think Hatton and Cotto under the same promoter would be good for the division/sport.

Hattons got to fight a top 5 fighter at 140 in 2005, Warren knows there no were else to turn and he has to take any deal he can agaisnt Tszyu, if he doenst he could lose his golden boy or have to make a match he doesnt want to make yet against Cotto.

Comment

Working...
              X