No announcement yet.

Windows 7, anyone try it yet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7, anyone try it yet?

Since Windows 7 Release Candidate is available for download and wont experire until March/June of 2010 (with rumored sale release in Oct 2009)?
    Has anyone tried Windows 7 Release Candidate yet?

I am on Windows 7 Build 7264 32 bit, and I have to say it is very impressive, very nice interface and new features that makes this a nice upgrade from Vista.

July 13 will be a good day, stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by MADNESS View Post
      I am on Windows 7 Build 7264 32 bit, and I have to say it is very impressive, very nice interface and new features that makes this a nice upgrade from Vista.

July 13 will be a good day, stay tuned.
      Compared to XP? What are your thoughts?

Comment

I've been running Win7 RC since the first few hours of release. It's a good OS, lots of nice features, etc. It's like they took the few good things from Vista and completely redid everything else. I'd suggest ghosting your machine before you install win7 then you can always revert if you don't like it.

Comment

personally, no

a guy i work with loves it tho.... then again, he loves men.... (BEING HONEST)

i hear its supposed to be much more streamlined than vista... and that its going to be the equivalent jump from 2000 to xp...

we'll see

Comment

I'm perfectly fine with Vista...I've adjusted to it

Comment

Originally posted by JackNapier View Post
              I've been running Win7 RC since the first few hours of release. It's a good OS, lots of nice features, etc. It's like they took the few good things from Vista and completely redid everything else. I'd suggest ghosting your machine before you install win7 then you can always revert if you don't like it.
              Sure glad I ghosted, I made a major booboo but was able to restore my pc.
              I really like this new OS. Installation was no more than 30 minutes, it was unattended and I did not even have to flop around for any drivers. Really a great step for WIN.

Got the 64 bit because that is the future and I had to test it out as I was not too happy with XP 64.

I can't believe they are selling these for 50 bucks pre order on MS site, I think this might be the first time I may own a legit copy of WIN.

Comment

Tried it a few months ago. It's OK. I still prefer XP for a number of reasons. I can install it in 4 minutes flat, too.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

I'm thinking about it just so I can get a free 64 bit version of windows so I can get the most out of my 4gb of RAM.

does anyone know if I have to reinstall all my drivers and back up all the files?

Comment

Originally posted by bbos View Post
                    I'm thinking about it just so I can get a free 64 bit version of windows so I can get the most out of my 4gb of RAM.

does anyone know if I have to reinstall all my drivers and back up all the files?
                    Get a decent partitioning software and partition your hard drive. Save all important files to anywhere except the first partition. This way you can install an OS as many times as you have to without constantly having to mess with backups.

My main hard drives has 4 partitions. One for the OS, one for games, one for audio/video, and one with a ton of portable apps on it along with storage for documents, etc. Having it like this, I can wipe out everything on drive C while everything else remains untouched.

As for drivers, find out what hardware you have and go to the manufacturer's site for the latest ones. Every Windows OS since XP will already support most drivers though.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Working...
                    X