No announcement yet.

Matty Johns scandal - thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matty Johns scandal - thoughts?

Matty Johns has been crucified all week after the ABC's program "The Code of Silence" was broadcast several days ago. I was rather skeptical of the whole incident from the beginning, and new information is slowly beginning to filter through.
    I do think that the NRL, Channel 9 and various other journalists/people have been quick to jump on the 'Johns massacre bandwagon'.
    I really feel for the poor Guy, there's nothing more unfair that a trial by media.

Now it seems somebody else has come forward: Tania Boyd, a colleague of the woman 'Clare' claiming she had bragged about it the following day. No suprises there to be honest.
    http://livenews.com.au/rss-link/frie...09/5/14/206544

I find the whole circus rather disenchanting. To me it appears that both Johns and the woman involved both exhibited poor judgement, bu only one of them is being persecuted in the media.

How long will this 'Clare' woman remain anonymous before she steps forward to cash in with an ACA interview?

So, what do you guys think?

BTW, I'm 23, male and a Parra supporter, so no bias here.

I never liked Matt Johns but I have a new-found respect for him after the way he has handled all this ****.

It is the same old for me. No crime was committed, nothing should have been done. Just the usual bull**** overreations.

Comment

I thought someone was innocent in this country until proven guilty? He had consenting sex with a consenting adult. Yes he did the dirty on his Mrs but to begin with it was just him and another woman until the other guys came in to the room. They are getting off scott free because Johns is not going to dob anyone in. This should never have happened but why is one guy taking the fall for all the others?

Comment

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
        I never liked Matt Johns but I have a new-found respect for him after the way he has handled all this ****.

It is the same old for me. No crime was committed, nothing should have been done. Just the usual bull**** overreations.
        Indeed, the media are a pack of wolves when they smell blood.
        I really pissed me off the way Tracey Grimshaw tried to force him to apologise on ACA. He steadfastly refused to, insisting the whole incident was consensual.
        Good on him, sticking to his guns.

It'll be funny to see the media do a backflip on the whole issue in the coming days as more info resurfaces.
        Indeed it has already begun:
        http://livenews.com.au/feature/woman...09/5/15/206607
        Last edited by Philfy; 05-14-2009, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by woftam View Post
          I thought someone was innocent in this country until proven guilty? He had consenting sex with a consenting adult. Yes he did the dirty on his Mrs but to begin with it was just him and another woman until the other guys came in to the room. They are getting off scott free because Johns is not going to dob anyone in. This should never have happened but why is one guy taking the fall for all the others?
          That isn't the issue as I see it. Why should anyone have to take any kind of fall for anything?

She consented. No crime was committed. It is ridiculous that this kind of rubbish blows up like it has.

Comment

Originally posted by woftam View Post

Funny, because NZ police already said Johns had no case to answer. However, the Australian media knows no bounds when a juicy story is on the cards. The old 'shoot first ask questions later' adage.
            I agree that the issue here should be between Matthew Johns and his wife. Good on her for sticking by him whilst they weather the storm.

Any player that came forward to stick up for Johns and admit taking part would've been grilled. They were only thinking of themselves.
            There is a taboo against group sex in this culture.

Comment

I feel sorry 4 him.Look at the drama over two adults having consential sex, yet Brett Stewart sticks his finger up a 17 years old p#### and you dont hear half the drama.
              If Johns has to cop this much flack, Stewart should cop alot more than Johns.

Comment

Originally posted by phillpey View Post
                I feel sorry 4 him.Look at the drama over two adults having consential sex, yet Brett Stewart sticks his finger up a 17 years old p#### and you dont hear half the drama.
                Footballers behaving badly sells headlines, simple as that.

I.e being involved in wild sex orgies.
                Last edited by Philfy; 05-14-2009, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by phillpey View Post
                  I agree. Look at this inconsistency:

1) Matthew Johns engages in a consensual act with another adult, is cleared of any wrong-doing and then is bashed and pretty much labelled a sex-crazed monster for the incident, and loses his job, 7 years after the incident even happened.

2) Stewart is charged with sexually assaulting a teenage girl and is not only permitted to continue playing football, but is given a standing ovation and lap of honour upon return.

Is anyone else seeing something a little strange with that picture? I'm not saying Stewart should be treated any differently, but it seems like a bit of a joke that Johns should be bashed to this extent.

Comment

The only reason it makes headline because the public is dumb enough to believe everything the media says.
                    If people had half a brain they wouldnt listen to anything the media says but the problem is most people get brain washed by the media every opinion they form is based on what the media says.

Comment

Working...
                    X