Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is willie monroe still on the shelf?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monroe is very good.. Potential to be a champ is there.
    He should try to build up a little, maybe challenge a weaker champ in Saunders.

Comment

I wanted to see some more of him at the time.

I remember there was an interview with him not too long back and he was having troubles. Can't remember the details though.
      Glad to see he has got a fight scheduled.

Comment

He has a fight coming up. Willie Nelson is back in action also. I wish he would've fought more after his win over Harrison. He's fighting Andrade. I would love to see Nelson fight Harrison again.

Comment

Monroe vs Quillin ???

I wouldn't mind seeing Willie Monroe step in against Peter Quillin...
          That way at least 1 of those two can get their career back on track....

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
            His promoter was sandwiched by the game basically. He couldn't get HBO dates because Banner (even with ruslan) wasn't a priority for HBO and he couldn't get dates anywhere else because Haymon bought time on all the networks. Before last year, Banner had a lot of espn2 cards, which are now extinct.

Luckily, Artie was able to get ruslan a deal with showtime which frees up some opportunities for guys like Monroe, who will finally get back in the ring in a couple weeks.
            Willie & Banner parted ways. I think he's started his own promotional company, BxB Promotions, with his brother Trent Monroe.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
              That's where they put tomato cans.
              He's not a can, just not on GGG's level.

Comment

Working...
              X