Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

True or False: Guerrero beats the piss out of Broner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    The problem is people assume it takes a Maidana to beat Adrien Broner. No, it takes a Maidana to easily beat Broner. Lesser guys are plenty capable of doing the job. Lesser fighters arguably have, and others came close.
    *Cough, cough* Daniel Ponce Deleon

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      He needed the 12th to clinch the win against Emmanuel Taylor. Yes, he clearly won, but only because of that round and the KD. Now Taylor isn't terrible, and I didn't criticize that fight when it was made because that's the level Broner is at. But people are still talking like he's more when he's not. That's who Adrien Broner is, a guy with good handspeed and combinations who is going to have tough fights with any top 15 fighter at 140 or 147, and lose to at least half.

He's sure as hell not as good as Thurman, and nowhere near as mobile.
      As I stated from the beginning-Broner isn't as good as some say. But he also isn't as bad as others make him out to be after the Maidana loss. He gutted that fight out, never folded, and never stopped trying to win once he was behind.

Broner rarely gets behind in fights as he did the Maidana fight. Ghost is a notorious slow starter. By the time he makes it an ugly brawl he very well could be down 4 or 5 points on the cards. His talent is there, that's why many are so frustrated with him. He doesn't harness it.

He doesn't have to be as good as Thurman to have an easier time against Ghost. I think though he has more talent than Thurman he just isn't as professional.

Comment

Guerrero will seriously put broner's life in jeopardy in a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Checc View Post
          Guerrero will seriously put broner's life in jeopardy in a fight.
          nope, it will be Broner vs Molina all over again just a little less obvious.

everybody always forget to factor in the silent one in the equation.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            Can't believe so many people think Broner loses. Hand speed is literally RG's kryptonite. He gets beat to the punch EVERYTIME and out pointed by Broner if he stays disciplined.
            You said that when Berto fought Guerrero. Broner is worse than Berto. There's a reason why this fight never happened and it's not because Guerrero wasn't willing.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              Goddammit, the myth somehow continues. How the hell do people still think Guerrero is any good?
              Guerrero may not be any good but he's good enough to beat Andre Berto jr.

Comment

I cant believe the Broner fans in denial FFS he fought John Molina. Every one knew he was going to lose but people like to see Broner beat up.

Comment

Guerrero would walk through Broner's punches and work on the inside. Broner's handspeed might cause Fantasma some issues but nothing to worry about, Broner's work rate is atrocious and he takes off rounds, something Robert would use to his advantage.

Guerrero via UD. No way he has the power to stop Broner. Broner has an iron clad chin on his empty noggin.

Comment

Guerrero has a great chin and his activity will freeze Broner who do not punch a lot and likes to pace himself

Comment

I think this fight could be like Cotto-Margarito I

Broner will do well early by hitting, moving, slipping. But as the fight goes on he will move less, his activity and legs aren't great anyway and he will start having to exchange, in spurts he will get the get the better of it, but ultimately you will be able to see him wilting and getting the fight beaten out of him. By round 7-9 a war will break out and Broner is trying to survive now, those shots which were glancing and not landing clean in the first half of the fight are now landing clean and hard, I think Guerrero stops him by round 11.

This will be a great fight, the styles will make great action. People who say Guerrero doesn't have any power, I have to disagree with that, to me he looks heavy handed but his technique and speed equates to him only being a decent puncher at ww, but he hits hard enough to get respect, and definitely hits hard enough to hurt you if you underestimate his power.

Comment

Working...
                      X