Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Mosley look like crap in all his fights after the Margarito fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    Mayweather ruined him, quite simply.

After about 4 rounds Mosley became gun shy, he was scared to throw anything because everytime he did he was getting smacked with counter shots by Mayweather. He never recovered from that, even against a guy like Mora he was scared to let his hands go.
    Didnt that start against Vernon? After he got his first knock down of his career, THATS when he became the jittery Shane we see today!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
      Floyd Mayweather got him after Marg...thats why!!...the most skilled pugilist on the planet...after the Floyd fight he was done!!...age has to kick in at some point
      Could it not be that he was done before the Floyd fight? I mean, did he not look like he was done in that fight, aside from those 2 right hands (the second of which he couldn't even follow up). There were 16 months and 2 back-to-back training camps when he was in his late 30s coming into the Floyd fight.

Just in response to the OP question - Shane also couldn't get his punches off against Mayorga, prior to the Marg fight. Before that, he was beaten by Cotto (though didn't look bad in that fight, admittedly)

I'm not getting involved in the PED speculation.

But I do think (and I'm sorry for repeating myself from other threads I've said this in) - you simply cannot ignore the circumstances Tony into the Mosley fight in.

Preparations were wrecked by the handwraps thing, he looked unfocused and distracted, (and this is before you take into account the damage he took from the Cotto fight, and the weight issues).

I think any decent WW would have beaten Margarito that night.
      Last edited by Porter's Dad; 01-19-2013, 08:47 AM.

Comment

A bordering-shot fighter looks only as good as his opponent.

Take a look at RJJ for example: Easily beats a way passed it, inactive, much smaller Trinidad, a shot Jeff Lacy but can't do a damn thing against Calzaghe or Hopkins.

Mosley looked great in his fight with Margarito because Marg was slower than ******ed molasses and he didn't have his plastered wraps. He met a fighter who wasn't overwhelmed by his aggression and got stronger as the fight went on as opposed to wearing down. Marg had no answer because what he pretty much relied on his whole career didn't work. Easily one of the most overrated fighters in recent times. Sorry chicos but you need to pull your head out of your asses.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
          Didnt that start against Vernon? After he got his first knock down of his career, THATS when he became the jittery Shane we see today!
          He was never afriad to let his hands go. The Forrest fight did have an impact, but he was still a top fighter after that.

After the Mayweather fight, he was completely done. When you become afraid to throw and hesitant, it's over.

Comment

There are a number of reasons Mosley looked **** post-Marg, in fact he looked every bit the faded fight pre-Marg too. He was losing on the score cards to a limited lsugger in Mayorga, had lost to Cotto and in fact, lost every other time he took a step up in competition post Oscar, losing to Wright and Forest.

Against Marg he happened to come up against someone who was stylistically suited to him and who was also mentally drained due to the hand wraps fiasco. I remember watching Marg walk into the ring, he looked **** scared. There is obviously the chance that Mosley may have been juicing during that fight too. Mosley was done being at his best after the first Wright fight. After Marg he was shot.

I think both the pac and Floyd fights were farce. I couldn't imagine a 38/39 year old Mosley actually beating a prime Floyd after 16 months of inactivity. People who weren't caught up in the hype knew he was going to get the schooling of his life. The less said about the Pac fight, the better.

Comment

He was never afriad to let his hands go. The Forrest fight did have an impact, but he was still a top fighter after that.

After the Mayweather fight, he was completely done. When you become afraid to throw and hesitant, it's over.
              That's too much credit for Mayweather. Come on now, Mosley was on the slide after Forest but still a good offensive fighter, then he got beat up by Wright twice and after that was just a shadow of his former self. Yes I know he had stoppage wins over Vargas and Marg but there are reasons for that. Mosley was almost shot by the time he faced Mayweather and completely gone by the time he faced Pac. Both those guys beat up on a faded, old, drug cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
                That's too much credit for Mayweather. Come on now, Mosley was on the slide after Forest but still a good offensive fighter, then he got beat up by Wright twice and after that was just a shadow of his former self. Yes I know he had stoppage wins over Vargas and Marg but there are reasons for that. Mosley was almost shot by the time he faced Mayweather and completely gone by the time he faced Pac. Both those guys beat up on a faded, old, drug cheat.
                I'm not giving Mayweather credit for taking Mosley's prime or his best, I'm just saying he took everything Mosley had left at that stage.

He was certainly a lesser fighter than he used to be, but what he did have left was speed, power and a punchers mentality; half way through the Mayweather fight he became gun-shy, which took away the things he had left in him.

Comment

I'm not giving Mayweather credit for taking Mosley's prime or his best, I'm just saying he took everything Mosley had left at that stage.

He was certainly a lesser fighter than he used to be, but what he did have left was speed, power and a punchers mentality; half way through the Mayweather fight he became gun-shy, which took away the things he had left in him.
                  I don't think he became gun shy, after his big shot in the 2nd, he gassed out and was looking horrible for a twelve rounder fighter by the 5th. Mosley was shot to hell in that fight. You could have put any b class WW with a decent chin in there that night and he would have beaten Mosley

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
                    I don't think he became gun shy, after his big shot in the 2nd, he gassed out and was looking horrible for a twelve rounder fighter by the 5th. Mosley was shot to hell in that fight. You could have put any b class WW with a decent chin in there that night and he would have beaten Mosley
                    I thought it was clear as day, he was hesitant to throw anything and that continued on to every fight he's had since.

He never had a problem throwing punches until getting countered to death in that fight. He went from a faded fighter to a gun-shy/shot fighter over those 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Smooth
                      Their's no doubt on my mind that he was on the PED's that night against margo....just look at his face, his body and how he got stronger as the fight went on...

His next fight floyd made him take the blood test and his face looked way different and his stamina was ****

on roids
                      IMAGE#1

without roids (notice the swollen face a side effect of a person who stopped roiding)
                      IMAGE#2
                      Damn much different looks. Vs Mayweather eyes are all puffy and ****.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X