Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's worse a devestating one punch KO or a sustained 12 round beating?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worse for what? Reputation? Earning Potential? Confidence? Long Term Health?

Maybe if you asked a specific question we could debate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      I didnt say its AS embarrassing. You said getting KO'd is embarrassing and humiliating, implying that getting beat down for 12 rounds isnt
      You probably been watching boxing long enough to make better assumptions than someone thinking getting a sustained beating isn't embarrassing.

Comment

manny "plankquiao" has been on the receiving end of both types of beatings.....so maybe we should ask him....lmao. what makes it even worse is that the guy who did it to him was not only 40 yrs old but a light-weight at that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          I could make a better case for Terry Norris ruining Taylor than Chavez~

Taylor went on and beat solid guys at 147 winning a belt after losing to JCC, it wasn't until he went to 154 got crushed by Norris that his career really fell off~
          Ehhh they were decent, guys he should have beaten no problem, and even got KD twice in the bout before Norris

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
            You probably been watching boxing long enough to make better assumptions than someone thinking getting a sustained beating isn't embarrassing.

Yeah you can't tell me Chad Dawson wasn't embarrassed by his performance against Ward or Mikkel Kessler in his performance against... oh yeah Ward again.. he has a tendency to humiliate his opposition.

Kessler was especially bad as Ward basically made him quit on himself within 4 rounds and spend the 2nd half of the fight trying to run into headbutts hoping for a DQ.

If someone knocks you out with 1 shot you can at least say to yourself "hey it was a fluke, if I fight him again there is no reason I can't win."

You get your ass beaten for every minute of every round you can't really wake up the next day and say to yourself "I just need to fix a couple things and I can make this right".

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Lmao, I'd imagine I know how this is going to go: the die hard FMJ fans will be selecting one punch KO with what happened to Manny over the weekend, while the Pac fans will all be going with 12 rd beat down.

But come on, this is too easy. 12 round beat down in a land slide. A 12 round beat down means you shouldn't even be in the same ring as a guy. A one punch KO shot can happen to anyone, anytime.
              I mean would any of you put money on Randall Bailey over Mike Jones in a rematch? Fuuuuuukkkk no, nobody in their right mind would. Jones is three times the better boxer, but he got nailed with a violent one punch KO that lost him the fight that night.

But if you put those two in the ring for 10 consecutive fights, Jones probably wins 9 of them (if not all 10).
              This^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                Yeah you can't tell me Chad Dawson wasn't embarrassed by his performance against Ward or Mikkel Kessler in his performance against... oh yeah Ward again.. he has a tendency to humiliate his opposition.

Kessler was especially bad as Ward basically made him quit on himself within 4 rounds and spend the 2nd half of the fight trying to run into headbutts hoping for a DQ.

If someone knocks you out with 1 shot you can at least say to yourself "hey it was a fluke, if I fight him again there is no reason I can't win."

You get your ass beaten for every minute of every round you can't really wake up the next day and say to yourself "I just need to fix a couple things and I can make this right".
                Can you name some lucky KOs? The KOs I seen happened because they were setup or the ko victim had a habit that was exploited.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post

I agree with this. It is embarrassing either way but getting humiliated for 12 rounds must be pretty mentally draining.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Ehhh they were decent, guys he should have beaten no problem, and even got KD twice in the bout before Norris
                    He was still putting up a fight against a guy like Norris~ plus those title fights at 147 are some of his better wins.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                      Can you name some lucky KOs? The KOs I seen happened because they were setup or the ko victim had a habit that was exploited.
                      I think he's just saying that a fighter can tell himself that. We all know that Marquez was landing that right hand a lot but Manny can just convince himself that he got caught with a punch he was winning the fight and can win a rematch. When you get embarrassed for the entire fight, what do you tell yourself other than the other man was just a better fighter?

Comment

Working...
                      X