Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Admits Concern After Knocking Pacquiao Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marquez won fair and square. Even if he is on PEDs - hell, even if both of them are - that had nothing to do with the knockout. Marquez has always hit hard enough to KO someone if he connects on a punch like that. Look at the video in slow motion: everything about the situation is leading to the KO. Pacquiao would have to be literally non-human to take that punch and not at the very least be seriously hurt.

That was such an awesome fight and it could have gone either way. That's the fight we wanted to see from those two great fighters. They both came out wanting the KO, giving it their all. Marquez was taking hard shots and getting lit up frankly, but his perfect punch came first. They were both looking for it; Marquez found it first. Nothing strange about it. KO's happen when you engage in an all-out war and both guys have power.

On "Lucky Punches": they do exist, but that's not to say wins that come by them are illegitimate. I'd rather call them "fortunate punches", because it keeps most of the legitimacy of them but acknowledges that the particular way it landed or the circumstances were ideal, and very well could not have been that way. They're a part of the game. Marquez could have gone the whole fight without landing such a perfect punch, even if he landed great ones all night and did nothing wrong. There are alternate, parallel endings to every fight. To deny this is to deny reality.

That said, Marquez won. He had a plan, and it was a gamble just like any plan is. He was looking for the KO. Had he not found it, he would have most likely come up short. That was the first fight that I thought Pacquiao was clearly owning the action. But Marquez's plan paid off. Two great fighters. Stop bickering and choosing sides. Boxing is much more enjoyable if you watch it with appreciation rather than scorn for one guy over than the other like some child picking his clique in middle school.
    Last edited by samouraï; 12-10-2012, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
      Marquez won fair and square. Even if he is on PEDs - hell, even if both of them are - that had nothing to do with the knockout. Marquez has always hit hard enough to KO someone if he connects on a punch like that. Look at the video in slow motion: everything about the situation is leading to the KO. Pacquiao would have to be literally non-human to take that punch and not at the very least be seriously hurt.

That was such an awesome fight and it could have gone either way. That's the fight we wanted to see from those two great fighters. They both came out wanting the KO, giving it their all. Marquez was taking hard shots and getting lit up frankly, but his perfect punch came first. They were both looking for it; Marquez found it first. Nothing strange about it. KO's happen when you engage in an all-out war and both guys have power.

On "Lucky Punches": they do exist, but that's not to say wins that come by them are illegitimate. I'd rather call them "fortunate punches", because it keeps most of the legitimacy of them but acknowledges that the particular way it landed or the circumstances were ideal, and very well could not have been that way. They're a part of the game. Marquez could have gone the whole fight without landing such a perfect punch, even if he landed great ones all night and did nothing wrong. There are alternatate, parallel endings to every fight. To deny this is to deny reality.

That said, Marquez won. He had a plan, and it was a gamble just like any plan is. He was looking for the KO. Had he not found it, he would have most likely come up short. That was the first fight that I thought Pacquiao was clearly owning the action. But Marquez's plan paid off. Two great fighters. Stop bickering and choosing sides. Boxing is much more enjoyable if you watch it with appreciation rather than scorn for one guy over than the other like some child picking his clique in middle school.
      great post.. green k on your way..

Comment

Originally posted by PacmanP4PLegend View Post
        That KO was fake as Hell, watch, rewatch and it's obvious this fight was rigged... Don' t get too excited bloggers when this crap is for people with too much cash and not enough brain cells to tell the difference... Watch WWE for free and quit paying Bob Arum, Manny, and Juan Marquez for putting on a puppet show dumbasses...
        Lmmfao ROFL...hahaha... Ur the funniest mofo on here. Lol. I take it u dont own a hi def tv? Lmmfao

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
          Marquez deserves better fans than he has because he's nothing like the disrespectful scum that back him.
          Same exact thing for Pacquiao! I actually like Pac but his fans are absolutely the worse!

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
            Don't worry, most of them are Floyd fans who are living vicariously through Marquez because he knocked out their nemesis. They'll go back to bashing Marquez in a few weeks. They are irrelevant.
            Don't get mad cause your idol got put to sleep! I have schooled you on this board, many times. You have such a distaste for Floyd that you blame those who truly support Marquez, as Floyd fans as if either are bad. Marquez won a great fight, and Mayweather is #1! you're a hater, and still hurt from Saturday but the pain will go away soon lol

Comment

Originally posted by PennyAnd1 View Post
              Boxing is about able to connect, some punches are lucky. Marquez was lucky Pac jumped into that punch that made the KO. What's wrong with believing in that?

BTW, Pac rematch with Hatton isn't the same with Pac rematch with JMM. Both we're lucky punch, by no way Hatton stood a chance against Pac.
              It's lucky when Marquez sleeps Pac?? But not lucky when Pac sleeps Hatton?? So swinging and hitting a home run in baseball is lucky as well?? You sound real hurt and bitter lil dude.

Comment

The people here are so filled with hate.

Spread a lil love people, spread a lil love.

Embrace what we have in common rather than hating on our differences...Boxing.

Comment

Huh??

Originally posted by PacmanP4PLegend View Post
                  That KO was fake as Hell, watch, rewatch and it's obvious this fight was rigged... Don' t get too excited bloggers when this crap is for people with too much cash and not enough brain cells to tell the difference... Watch WWE for free and quit paying Bob Arum, Manny, and Juan Marquez for putting on a puppet show dumbasses...
                  Wtf?? .. Your either ******ed or is the most complete delusional clown I have ever heard lol .. Wow .. Comment of the year right here lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                    I don't think Floyd's laughing at the lost payday.

Comment

Originally posted by JubeiDOK View Post
                      The people here are so filled with hate.

Spread a lil love people, spread a lil love.

Embrace what we have in common rather than hating on our differences...Boxing.
                      I agree with you bro, why cant people stop hating?

anyway getting knocked out fighters tend to forget what really happen at the moment of the KO, I have seen it with Darchinyan & Hatton now I see this quote from a Pilipino News Paper...

Pac's first words after the KO:

PAC: “Boy nasan ka (Buboy where are you?).”
                      BUBOY: could not answer and was removing Manny's Mouthpiece...
                      PAC: “Anong nangyari, tapos na ba ang laban (What happened, is the fight over),”
                      BUBOY: “Oo brod, nasingitan tayo (Yes brod, he was able sneak in?).

IMHO if the fighters dont watch the tape of their KO Loss specially these kind of KO, they wont really know what happened or what hit him at the time of KO...

Comment

Working...
                      X