Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Objectively, which of Pac's catchweights were unfair?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobody cares about the catchweight. We care more about the principle.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
      i forgot my point, something about most of the mosley talks being before the cotto fight, an issue being mosley coming being 160 at fight night and then after the cotto fight being if mosley wins vs floyd it'd happen and what roach says literally meaning **** all
      no, Roach clearly stated that Mosley was too dangerous for Pac to fight and they turned it down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        of course Manny got an additional advantage. everyone does it so did manny. so just admit it and move on.

Does it mean cotto would win if the fight without the weight clause, maybe, I don't know. But you don't if he would have. f he won it at 147, like other greats moving up, then we'd know.
        JMM would have beat floyd at 135 and 140. IMO if Floyd rematched JMM, JMM would have beat Floyd as he would be accustomed to the weight.
        In fact we can erase that win off of Floyds resume as he got an advantage in it.

Im fair nearly all the time, but if you want to play games with me, you got to know who you playing with.
        Last edited by hugh grant; 11-26-2012, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          I suggest if you dont actually address me and listen to what im saying dont bother replying to me.

I said Pac hoped it might help him, but there is no evidence it did help Pac, considering most boxing fans will tell ya Pac is just too good for Cotto regardless. What cant you understand about that?
          So pac tried to get a little advantage, so what? So does Floyd? So did SRL against Lalonde.

So you are going to crucify Pac for hoping to get a advantage, but in the end not really getting an advantage. Why dont you just fantasize that Cotto would beat Pac at 147 if it means that much to you?
          The difference being Leonard and Floyd caught crap for looking for advantages....but when Pac does it "It doesn't matter"

You guys are shameful nadhuggers.

Comment

JMM would have beat floyd at 135 and 140. IMO if Floyd rematched JMM, JMM would have beat Floyd as he would be accustomed to the weight.
            In fact we can erase that win off of Floyds resume as he got an advantage in it.

Im fair nearly all the time, but if you want to play games with me, you got to know who you playing with.
            what does this post have to do with the thread topic or the debate we are having? if this is really your opinion, it still doesn't justify manny making cotto fight at 145.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
              Nobody cares about the catchweight. We care more about the principle.
              Exactly. There isn't much glory in having fighters lessen themselves to make fights "even".

Pac is faster, Marquez should make Pac wear heavier gloves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                what does this post have to do with the thread topic or the debate we are having? if this is really your opinion, it still doesn't justify manny making cotto fight at 145.
                Ive said Pac was silly to ask for the CW but that wasnt enough for you was it. You want people to think Cotto could beat Pac at 147, be deluded if you want but dont go on about it and boast about it.

Nothing justifies Floyd coming over the weight limit as well, but what can we do about it? Do you want me to cry like you are doing?

Comment

Ive said Pac was silly to ask for the CW but that wasnt enough for you was it. You want people to think Cotto could beat Pac at 147, be deluded if you want but dont go on about it and boast about it.

Nothing justifies Floyd coming over the weight limit as well, but what can we do about it? Do you want me to cry like you are doing?
                  Your sig prevents you from being objective. You're disqualified from this conversation. You may leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
                    Exactly. There isn't much glory in having fighters lessen themselves to make fights "even".

Pac is faster, Marquez should make Pac wear heavier gloves.

At least he didn't attempt to unify belts at a catchweight like the guy in your avatar. Talk about cheating history.

Maybe the fact that his belt was a product of a robbery makes it better?

Comment

I dont want people to think anything. I said we will never know for sure if Manny could've beaten Miguel with the 2 lbs and that the weight was an advantage for manny. No more no less.

why did you edit your JMM post?

No one is crying either, we were debating the thread topic when you jumped in and quoted me. There is no reason manny did it except for the advantage, same as any other fighter.

You are somehow trying to make the CW seem noble or a non factor because you like Manny.

Comment

Working...
                      X