Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visited California last month, my thoughts...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visited California last month, my thoughts...

My wife is from the San Francisco area and we went in mid October to visit her family in the Sacramento area.

I was born in Puerto Rico but spend most of my life on the east coast and I have to say California was beautiful and different.

I didn't expect it to be so dry though. I think the vegetation and climate are awesome. I could seriously see myself living there if it wasn't so expensive but I also hear people saying the economy isn't doing well either.

My wife's family had beautiful homes. I was surprised at how well kept the roads and everything else was. You don't see that on the East Coast. The weather was perfect too, it only rained once and it was on our last day.

I felt like I was in another country though, the people there were really nice I was surprised by that but then again I wasn't in Los Angeles or anything like that.

I'm definitely planning on going back to visit some more places and just take in the scenery.

Anyone that lives on the west coast ever been surprised when coming to the east coast by anything?

I've always wanted to visit northern Cali, I've been to Anaheim (disney land) it was nice but next spring I really want to go camping up in the Redwoods!!!

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
      I've always wanted to visit northern Cali, I've been to Anaheim (disney land) it was nice but next spring I really want to go camping up in the Redwoods!!!
      Yea, beautiful landscape. It surprised me how much variety California has of terrain. It's very hilly too, I love that. I wanted to roll down some of the hills I saw haha

Someday I'd love to visit the redwoods also. The giant sequoias are a sight to see I'm sure. Also visit Lake Tahoe. I heard that place is beautiful too.

Comment

If you head to LA just make sure to stay away from the city "Lawndale" it's really ghetto and ugly. There's bars on all the windows of houses in that area.
        Last edited by thuggery; 11-27-2012, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry
          If you head to LA just make sure to stay away from the city "Lawndale" it's really ghetto and ugly. There's bars on all the windows of houses in that area.
          Lol I'm used to that here in Philly. that's why I enjoyed Cali. The parts that I went to were clean and well kept. I haven't seen a city as clean as Sacramento. East coast cities are older but not well kept at all. Trash everywhere and burned down boarded up houses. I stayed around Citrus Heights and El Dorado.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post

Anyone that lives on the west coast ever been surprised when coming to the east coast by anything?
            I've been living in NYC for 4 years (Queens and Manhattan). First thing I noticed about this place is how irritable many of the people are. I've met lots of good people, but most people just seem pissed.
            Last edited by seal; 12-01-2012, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seal View Post
              I've been living in NYC for 4 years (Queens and Manhattan). First thing I noticed about this place is how irritable many of the people are. I've met lots of good people, but most people just seem pissed.
              The East coast is known to have the rudest people in the country. I was surprised when I was in a supermarket in Cali and a lady approached me asking me if I needed help. I feel bad for looking at her like she wanted something from me. I'm not used to having regular customer service haha I'm used to it though, I'm sure have are too by now.

Comment

you should visit houston, its nice here too............

Comment

Working...
                X