Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pavlik officially leaves Jack Lowe for Robert Garcia. Tons of bad blood.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broad (and not wholly on-point) generalizations aside, Pavlik is really nothing like Tony. You need to look at what Pavlik's strengths are/were to wonder if Garcia's way could be a good fit for him.

Bottom line, he needs to regain a fighter's desire and mentality for any future working relationship to bear fruit.

Comment

How is his trainer talking "shit" about him? He was quite respectful and professional. Of course he is discontent and upset and it shows but he remained composed.

Also, if that was me I would be throwing the heavy bags against the floor as the camera rolls. Pavlik is an irresponsible, heartless and lazy crack head.

^ Now that's talking shit.

"Supposedly having broken ribs.."

Damn, Pavlik is a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
        Roach has turned around a lot of fighters,shall i list all of the World Champions he has had,i dont like Pac or Khan but what he has done with those two boxingwise is brilliant Khan in a 3 year period went from getting koed by Prescott to challenging the p4p list.
        I don't think so, Pacquaio and Khan where free throwing brawlers,all roach did was slow them down which any trainer whould've done.I think the real difference is with the strength and conditioning coach Ariza.

Comment

It's sad. You can tell the reason why Jack has spoken out is because of how hurt he is about the parting of ways. It was inevitable though really.

Watching the Loew interview, I understand the guy.

Then when I hear Pavlik say 'there's no issue' about alcohol ....

I hope Pavlik can get himself together and get some more good fights.
          Pavlik very competitive against Martinez, unlucky to be opened up. And if he had issues going into that fight ... wow ...

Thanks for the links.

Comment

whats up with people pissing on Garcia? Its out of his hands that Margarito was shot.

What Pavlik needs to do if he wants good wins in his career is not try for some dramatic change of styles...he just needs to stick with what got him to the top rankings, with a few strategic tweeks.

The most important thing is to get him in good condition and sharp, and get him away from the booze. A fighter like Pavlik needs lots of stamina and power, and it might be a good choice to change him into a volume puncher with his kind of height advantage.

Comment

Honestly, Pavlk should have left Lowe a while ago.

Comment

Working...
              X