No announcement yet.

First time hitting heavy bag in 6 months

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time hitting heavy bag in 6 months

30 pounds from natural fighting weight, I've got a long way to go.
    I've cut some parts of the video due to an ankle injury that I'm carrying. I wasn't doing much in the parts that I've cut.

Let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugZn...ature=youtu.be

Not bad, throw more 3 and 4 punch combinations. And mix up some of the combos - head, body.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Not bad, throw more 3 and 4 punch combinations. And mix up some of the combos - head, body.
      He is the next Mike Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        Good advice, will work on the combinations more.

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
          He is the next Mike Tyson.
          Legend has it, Mike tyson was modelled after me actually. Just speculation of course.

Comment

I am in the same boat, started hitting the heavy bag at my regular gym after a 5 month lay off. 20-30 pounds over weight and I am 58 years old. I start boxing at my boxing gym on 1/5/19 for 6 months. Plan to fight masters at either 152 or 165 weight class (I'm 179 lbs now). You look good on the bag. Only advice is to focus on speed. Throw double, triple jabs and combinations.

Comment

Not quite as impressive as Taha's old man working the bag, but then again not many people are!

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                Not quite as impressive as Taha's old man working the bag, but then again not many people are!
                Epic video, has Taha left the forum?

Comment

Homie looks solid. Work in more feints DURING combinations. It doesn't LOOK as good, but it's how it happens in real life like 90% of the time. Unless you're Gennady fighting the Vanes of the world XD XD XD

Jab, feint/slip, hook/right, and turn/reset, etc.

Also, throw some jabs with head movement to dodge opponent's jab
                  Last edited by Bjl12; 12-07-2018, 08:41 PM.

Comment

You have quick hands & a good snap on your shots

Comment

Working...
                    X