No announcement yet.

Ring Magazine New Rankings: Deontay Wilder #3, Tyson Fury #2, Anthony Joshua #1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
    There's little evidence to support what you're claiming.
    What I'm claiming is indisputable. The Washington Post, The Associated Press, Sporting News, Yahoo Sports, The Los Angeles Times and ESPN all had either a draw or Wilder winning.

Mayweather left in disgust.

Andre Ward, Abner Mares, Sky, Abel Sanchez, Lennox Lewis, Showtime, BT sports, James Toney, Frank Bruno. The Sun.

USA Today’s Martin Rogers said it was “scandalous judging” and “a huge black eye for boxing”.

Tom Loeffler, Forbes, Dan Vanderkamp. Teddy Atlas.

It goes on.
    Nobody you listed is considered more credible than The Washington Post, The Associated Press, Sporting News, Yahoo Sports, The Los Angeles Times and ESPN.

Comment

AJ's the king of the division, and you have to dethrone the king to get the crown...completely agree with the rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
        AJ's the king of the division, and you have to dethrone the king to get the crown...completely agree with the rankings.
        Joshua was no.1 ranked, he isn’t the champ.

You have to beat the champ to take his crown, you just need to be better to take the no.1 spot. Imo Fury’s wins over decade undefeated Klitwchko, and no.2 ranked Deontay Wilder clearly out him no.1 for now.

Comment

Originally posted by R01 View Post
          How’s AJ land at #1 after beating a Povetkin?
          Povetkin is better than Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            Joshua was no.1 ranked, he isn’t the champ.

You have to beat the champ to take his crown, you just need to be better to take the no.1 spot. Imo Fury’s wins over decade undefeated Klitwchko, and no.2 ranked Deontay Wilder clearly out him no.1 for now.
            Fury didnt win against Wilder, im pretty sure that was a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by makaveli1875 View Post
              Fury didnt win against Wilder, im pretty sure that was a draw.
              Well, in my rankings I can only go off my card, Fury won the fight so he goes top.

Your own rankings will depend on how you scored it.

All Im saying is that Joshua doesnt need to be dethroned in the ring from a no.1 spot. Its just a ranking spot, not the championship of the world.

Comment

I guess because Fury don't have any belt, but he's really the #1 dude

#1 Fury beat Wilder and Klitschko on the road

#2 AJ beat Klitschko, Povetkin, Whyte , and Parker

#3 Wilder holding the WBC belt

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                  What I'm claiming is indisputable. The Washington Post, The Associated Press, Sporting News, Yahoo Sports, The Los Angeles Times and ESPN all had either a draw or Wilder winning.

Nobody you listed is considered more credible than The Washington Post, The Associated Press, Sporting News, Yahoo Sports, The Los Angeles Times and ESPN.
                  This needs a little further clarification since you keep reeling it off like a mantra. There are actually people behind the scores and they are not necessarily superior to every other judge just because they work for an important media group.

The scorer for Sporting News was Andreas Hale. He scored it a draw.
                  The scorer for yahoo was Kevin Iole. He scored it a draw.
                  Lance Pugmire scored for the LA Times. He gave it to Wilder.
                  Dan Rafael of ESPN scored it for Wilder. Steve Kim gave it to Fury.
                  Associated Press scored it a draw, their scorer is anonymous.
                  I can't find any link at all to a Washington Post score. It wasn't in the boxingscene poll. Do you have one? (EDIT in fact I suspect it may be a duplicate of the AP one)

So in summary you could say "Andreas Hale, Kevin Iole, and the AP's anonymous scorer had it a draw. Lance Pugmire gave it to Wilder and so did ESPN's Dan Rafael but his colleague Steve Kim gave it to Fury".

But that doesn't sound as authoritative does it?
                  Last edited by jglvz256; 12-08-2018, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jglvz256 View Post
                    This needs a little further clarification since you keep reeling it off like a mantra. There are actually people behind the scores and they are not necessarily superior to every other judge just because they work for an important media group.
                    They are the most respected experts and outlets and if they had a draw or Wilder winning, you can't act like a draw is then an outrageous and corrupt result. There should be no controversy here. It was a close fight. It ended in draw. 40% of ringside experts had it a draw. The official decision being a draw shouldn't have anyone in a huff.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                      The names on that list look far more credible than any media outlet.

Comment

Working...
                      X