No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Fury Fight Should Max Out At 325,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    Showtime did a tremendous job promoting on social media, especially YouTube.
    True, there was a shyt ton of new material being recommended to me on YouTube all the time. They really promoted this thing and it paid off.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
      I called a flop but I was wrong if those are the numbers
      Congrats to both
      This only make a fight between all three guys bigger

Comment

Good numbers. Incredible numbers for a first PPV. (Outsold ODLH, Mayweather, Canelo first PPV’s) so that’s huge for Fury and Wilder. And the rematch should double it with all the hype as long as they don’t **** it up and wait too long.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          True, there was a shyt ton of new material being recommended to me on YouTube all the time. They really promoted this thing and it paid off.
          “This thing has zero promotion doe! Nobody knows about it doe!!”

Meanwhile I saw it promoted more than GGG/Canelo was lol

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            “This thing has zero promotion doe! Nobody knows about it doe!!”

Meanwhile I saw it promoted more than GGG/Canelo was lol
            Where's the threads from all the soccer fans celebrating the failure they predicted?
            When I make bad predictions, I've got no problem fessing up to it. These guys pretend they don't ever make mistakes, which is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Where's the threads from all the soccer fans celebrating the failure they predicted?
              When I make bad predictions, I've got no problem fessing up to it. These guys pretend they don't ever make mistakes, which is hilarious.
              Because it didn’t sell out! 17,000 firemen! 350,000 PPV is a bust! Sign the contract Deontay! (Notice how nobody is commenting on that now? Wilder/Fury rematch will double the revenue of the first fight, and they all wanted Wilder to have a signed contract for AJ already)

Comment

"Both boxers are expected to earn eight figures from a compelling, competitive clash in which Fury survived a knockdown apiece in the ninth and 12th rounds."

They'll both make more from the rematch, because the PPV numbers will go up! Fury is HOT right now, even in the U.S.!

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
                  Can't complain about those numbers. Everytime a fight like this does decently, it always makes me wonder why GGG and Ward couldn't sell PPVs to save their lives as headliners. I mean these guys are gifted fighters, always talked about in the boxing world.

Really makes you think casuals really are the ones who buy these PPVs because "hardcores" don't buy ish..
                  Of course that’s how it is bro, that’s how it’s always been, casual fans make up the majority of PPV buys whether it’s Canelo, AJ, Wilder or whoever.

Us hardcore fans make up a small percentage of the overall number who buy PPVs.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    Because it didn’t sell out! 17,000 firemen! 350,000 PPV is a bust! Sign the contract Deontay! (Notice how nobody is commenting on that now? Wilder/Fury rematch will double the revenue of the first fight, and they all wanted Wilder to have a signed contract for AJ already)
                    Anyone who was ok that “sign the contract” “what’s the big deal” “he’s got a contract right in front of him if he really wants the fight” etc...is innately biased to the extent of being an idiot.

Made no sense on so many levels.

Comment

Working...
                    X