No announcement yet.

Dazn app is quality, Dont sleep

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CLUE View Post
    Not about it being hard to get, it's about not giving a F to get it period and wanting to pay some monthly service, on top of whatever other apps they are paying for.

On top of that causal stumble on to many fights the day of, that will happen a lot less with a app.
    Because noone paid for Netflix for TV or movies ...

And nobody paid for Spotify either..who are owned by the same guy behind DAZN.

I think he knows more about the market than you.. and when multiple sporting rights are being bought over the next few years to supplement the current content..people won't have a choice. And lazy backwards old ****ers like you will fade off into the distance with your Alzheimer's .

As for your last quote about huge numbers of casuals stumbling onto a fight only on the day of it.. how are they stumbling on to it? By watching the TV channels you said they couldn't be bothered to watch already?

Absolute rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
      I wonder does the app stream in 4K?? Anthony Joshua fights are recorded using 4K cameras and shown in 4K by Sky sports.. AJ fights are the only fights in the world shown in 4K and watching boxing in 4K is truly stunning.. You can see each drop of sweat and blood and every detail even in the crowds is crystal clear! Does anyone know if AJ vs Povetkin was shown in 4K on DAZN?.. I can see many people having streaming issues trying to streak live 4K content, you need to have a solution to d connection for HD live content let alone 4K.
      That's not how streaming works..

Something can be filmed in 4k and streamed to suit a person's bit rate or connection speed.

If someone can't handle a 4k stream..then the option to stream in 1080p and 720 at multiple FPS settings is there or is already embedded into the player to be automatic

Comment

I wish we had this in the UK. Very cool to be able to carry you yr sports programming with you on your phone and just cast it to whichever tv is nearby. Although how does it work if your are outside your home Territory? Presumably you get the local DAZN programming in the same way that Netflix operates?

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
          That's not how streaming works..

Something can be filmed in 4k and streamed to suit a person's bit rate or connection speed.

If someone can't handle a 4k stream..then the option to stream in 1080p and 720 at multiple FPS settings is there or is already embedded into the player to be automatic
          But does DAZN support 4k? They should be the first to offer 4K HDR live streaming.

Comment

But does DAZN support 4k? They should be the first to offer 4K HDR live streaming.
            They're better off focussing on a stable reliable HD platform initially at least. Even by best estimates by 2020 less than half US homes will have a 4K compatible tv.

Comment

Sky only offer 4k for Sky Q customers with a Sky Q multiroom subscription and 4K TV. It wasn't just... Oh here have it in 4k no matter what your platform.

With that subscription and the accompanying tech you are paying more ..so whilst the PPV price remained the same sky lost no money by offering the service to those already paying for its ability using their Sky Q subscription.

If DAZN wanted to stream in 4K they would need to charge more for heightened bandwidth allocation

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                But can you record for later viewing?
                No need to record. The fights are uploaded on the the app after the fight has aired so you can rewatch as much as you want.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
                  SHO anytime/Dazn/ESPN+ you can get all 3 for about $25-$30 a month and you get most of the Televised boxing. Much better than paying $80+ like I used to before I cut the cord.
                  But how much do you pay to get the internet service to run those apps? I can't imagine that is less than 30. Most basic plans are running nearly 40 nowadays and that is if you are lucky.

Comment

what about glitches/ ?

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                      But how much do you pay to get the internet service to run those apps? I can't imagine that is less than 30. Most basic plans are running nearly 40 nowadays and that is if you are lucky.
                      Internet is like Water/Power now a days, it's more of a necessity than a luxury.

Comment

Working...
                      X