Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would a prime Paul Williams do against PBC's WW's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    At 147 I think a prime Paul Williams could beat anyone currently at WW but PBC probably has the deepest talent pool at 147 so with that said how would he have done against...

Spence
    Garcia
    Khan
    Thurman
    Porter
    Broner
    & anyone else PBC has at 147 or that can make 147
    1) Spence is too inexperienced to fight williams, you cant fight against a guy with williams height and volume, without proper experience

2) Garcia beats williams, he knows how to counter and punch with you. Well, the Matthysse Garcia would win, the Peterson Garcia not.

3) Khan would win the first couple of rounds, but as soon as he starts to get slower in the second half, he will get overwhelmed by williams pace. Close fight.

4) Thurman could outbox him, if he can stick and move for full 12 rounds, thurman gassed at the end against guerrero and I think Williams pressure is much faster and better

4) Close fight. Really ugly and sloppy fight.

5) Broner has problems against volume. Paul Williams has volume Easy UD

Also he only lost against southpaws with good counter punching skills and was very open against the southpaw left hand
    Last edited by asgarth; 11-20-2015, 08:05 PM.

Comment

I think he beats all of them except Spence and Spence beats the prime Williams. That's right. I am on the Spence bandwagon even before he has defeated anybody very good. Anybody can pick a champion when they are already champion. I like to try to pick a star long before they are a star. I am picking Spence as a future star.The prime Williams was a hard welterweight to beat but I think Spence could beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        I think he beats all of them except Spence and Spence beats the prime Williams. That's right. I am on the Spence bandwagon even before he has defeated anybody very good. Anybody can pick a champion when they are already champion. I like to try to pick a star long before they are a star. I am picking Spence as a future star.The prime Williams was a hard welterweight to beat but I think Spence could beat him.
        Good pick. I'm picking Amir Imam to dominate at 140 and later dominate at 147 and 154. I also think he will avenge his loss to Spence from their time in the amateurs in spectacular fashion, twill be a great fight.

Comment

Working...
        X