No announcement yet.

Let's be honest: Eddie Hearn is a dumb fu..cker with big mouth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
    You're obviously not from the UK and a casual. Josh was actually popular when he was an amateur, not just in the UK, but also in the US boxing circles. He's one of the most hyped Olympian in recent times and the star power was there before he turned pro.

Matchroom was about to leave boxing before they signed Josh. So if Hearn was that great, why did it take one man to save Matchroom boxing? Why didn't he and his dad do it with the other boxers before Josh?

The Matchmaking has been terrible from the get-go, they rushed everything about Josh and the greed ended up backfiring with the Ruiz choice.

Josh saved Matchroom boxing. If not for him, Matchroom would be promoting only darts and snooker right now. Facts.
    I am from the uk.

You seem to lack the understanding of what made Joshua popular. The casual fan is the key reason and Eddie Hearn, matchroom and sky sports all played a huge part. Only your clear bias for hating Eddie means you have your blinkers on for it

Comment

I have no compassion for Hearn... But his "problem" illustrates how one misjudgment can really change the whole picture. Professional prize fighting is chess... And all it takes is one Pawn with designs on things to wreck ya!

A lot of us watching Ruiz knew he was talented: We got poo pooed here, so Hearn is not the only one who went looking for a tomato can and found a fortress. I don't like to discuss promoters and second guess snafus...But some of them are instructive! We can learn something from them! Heres where the rubber went off the road for fast Eddie:

1) He does not really give two 5h1ts about Joshue. His designs were to push through and get past this fight, and Joashua had, allegedly...a bad camp where he was shook. Fast Eddie's lack of concern, and his next flaw, below made a bad situation worse.

2) Fast Eddie drank the koolade like a lot of people here did. First off: Ruiz is not the out of shape fighter with fast hands that would try to punch it out with joshua toe to toe... Ruiz is a pressure fighter! And a damn good one. Fast Eddie was expecting something like a Chris Aereolla, and got a heavyweight version of the Raging Bull...lol.

Ruiz gets a guy off balance before he attacks. He pressures them into situations where he can "touch" them and then goes after them. Pressure guys fight through a dichotomy: When you start following a puncher, you will get tagged, and Ruiz did. The idea is to instead apply pressure, move parallel to the guy and constantly test for openings. Being under constant pressure makes mistakes happen...

If Fast Eddie had done his homework and watched Ruiz on tape he would have seen that Ruiz has a dangerous type of mobility that Joshua would need to prepare for in camp. A lot of people underestimated Ruiz...Fast Eddie really paid for it though.
      Last edited by billeau2; 06-16-2019, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
        I can't believe theres fans now asking for promoters to pick bums instead of real threats. This is literally whats wrong with Boxing. We as fans are supposed to commend fighters & promoters for taking risks but instead the entire boxing world is acting like Ruiz winning is the same thing as watching your baby beaten purple. Suddenly ppl are acting as if AJ losing is some sort of tragic event when it has literally revitalized boxing in the mainstream.

No surprise though because its AJ fanatics that are going through the 5 stages of grief in front of the world on social media.
        Yup Yup Yup! I hate when people comment on promoters because as a fan we are in an antagonistic position. We want the best, while promoters want the rest! Fst Eddie's blunder though? it is instructive.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
          I am from the uk.

You seem to lack the understanding of what made Joshua popular. The casual fan is the key reason and Eddie Hearn, matchroom and sky sports all played a huge part. Only your clear bias for hating Eddie means you have your blinkers on for it
          Eddie Hearn is a scumbag. Josh made that idiot. If not for Josh, Matchroom boxing would have folded.

Matchroom was already planning to leave boxing before Josh came in the fold. Frank Warren was running everything prior to Josh joining Matchroom, hence he’s still mad at Josh for giving life to Matchroom.

Even the contract Matchroom signed with both Skysports and DAZN were built of Josh’s back. Just because Hearn runs his mouth everywhere and talks a lot, that mean he made Josh. Josh made him.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
            I have no compassion for Hearn... But his "problem" illustrates how one misjudgment can really change the whole picture. Professional prize fighting is chess... And all it takes is one Pawn with designs on things to wreck ya!

A lot of us watching Ruiz knew he was talented: We got poo pooed here, so Hearn is not the only one who went looking for a tomato can and found a fortress. I don't like to discuss promoters and second guess snafus...But some of them are instructive! We can learn something from them! Heres where the rubber went off the road for fast Eddie:

1) He does not really give two 5h1ts about Joshue. His designs were to push through and get past this fight, and Joashua had, allegedly...a bad camp where he was shook. Fast Eddie's lack of concern, and his next flaw, below made a bad situation worse.

2) Fast Eddie drank the koolade like a lot of people here did. First off: Ruiz is not the out of shape fighter with fast hands that would try to punch it out with joshua toe to toe... Ruiz is a pressure fighter! And a damn good one. Fast Eddie was expecting something like a Chris Aereolla, and got a heavyweight version of the Raging Bull...lol.

Ruiz gets a guy off balance before he attacks. He pressures them into situations where he can "touch" them and then goes after them. Pressure guys fight through a dichotomy: When you start following a puncher, you will get tagged, and Ruiz did. The idea is to instead apply pressure, move parallel to the guy and constantly test for openings. Being under constant pressure makes mistakes happen...

If Fast Eddie had done his homework and watched Ruiz on tape he would have seen that Ruiz has a dangerous type of mobility that Joshua would need to prepare for in camp. A lot of people underestimated Ruiz...Fast Eddie really paid for it though.
            When Josh gets his belts back, buys himself out of the contract and move to the US. And Dillian Whyte gets beat or move to the US as well. Matchroom is done in the UK.

His US shows are shyt anyway and I doubt he’ll last two more years in the country.

Comment

Schwartz was 24-0. Good promoting by TR.

Now it’s time for Wilder Fury 2

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
                When Josh gets his belts back, buys himself out of the contract and move to the US. And Dillian Whyte gets beat or move to the US as well. Matchroom is done in the UK.

His US shows are shyt anyway and I doubt he’ll last two more years in the country.
                So you think Joshua might be pulling one on fast Eddy? I would be trying to get out of that contract... makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  So you think Joshua might be pulling one on fast Eddy? I would be trying to get out of that contract... makes sense.
                  He’ll leave him soon. He’s already bigger than Matchroom.

He’s two fights into that contract and it’s a 5-fight 3-yr deal.

Comment

Hearne is so stoopid that he can't even buy a razor blade.

Comment

Ruiz was supposed to be a showcase fight let's not act like he was a killer they didn't want Michael Hunter because he could go 12 with AJ and wanted someone less defensive

Comment

Working...
                      X