No announcement yet.

HBO Mini series - Chernobyl

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post

As about "inconsistencies": the actual catastrophe and the immediate following actions in the area were far more horrific than depicted... (I guess that the series producers didn't have enough money... )...
    Wow. That's interesting because a large consensus feels the depiction was quite graphic, realistic, dramatic, and difficult to watch or stomach. I suppose the psychological element they conveyed had some to do with that, but I'm not sure how much more graphic it could feel through film, without actually being there.

So they didn't have enough money to show how the surrounding AREA was physically effected ? By radiation ? Hysteria ? The explosion ? Sick people ?

Perhaps you mean like say, "War". No matter what is depicted on screen or how well produced, one can't truly comprehend the horror of it.

Comment

Originally posted by SterlingStained View Post
      season 4 finished like a month ago already. go to reddit gomorrah and go find the post showing links to DL the eps. no need to pay for it with amazon.

bezos has enough money already.
      I'mma go check it out season 1 & 2 where top shelf. One of my favorite shows tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
        Wow. That's interesting because a large consensus feels the depiction was quite graphic, realistic, dramatic, and difficult to watch or stomach. I suppose the psychological element they conveyed had some to do with that, but I'm not sure how much more graphic it could feel through film, without actually being there.

So they didn't have enough money to show how the surrounding AREA was physically effected ? By radiation ? Hysteria ? The explosion ? Sick people ?

Perhaps you mean like say, "War". No matter what is depicted on screen or how well produced, one can't truly comprehend the horror of it.
        Maybe they'll focus more on the intricacies of what went down as the season progresses. I'm impressed with the show thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post

September 1986:
          Liquidators clean the roof of reactor 3.
          Initially, workers tried clearing the radioactive debris using West German, Japanese and Russian robots, but they could not cope with the extreme radiation levels, so the authorities decided to use humans. Employees could not stay any longer than 40 seconds any one time, before the radiation dose they received reached the maximum a human should receive in his entire life. Many liquidators have since died or suffer from severe health problems…

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
            Maybe they'll focus more on the intricacies of what went down as the season progresses. I'm impressed with the show thus far.
            There's only 1 episode left

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              (I live in Bucharest, Romania)... cityscapes, interiors, people (behavior and cloths) are as they were back then... A

As about "inconsistencies": the actual catastrophe and the immediate following actions in the area were far more horrific than depicted... (I guess that the series producers didn't have enough money... )...

Anyway, Craig Mazin did a great job at the "individual and group psychology" level... Stellan Skarsgĺrd part is great as well...
              I suggest listening to the podcast by HBO. They basically admit that they had to leave out the actual events as it would be too difficult for the viewers to believe it to be true.

Insane.

Comment

I was just reading that plants and nature, adapted themselves over time to the radiation 'Creating various proteins and enzymes to deal with the situation' power of nature.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 05-29-2019, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                  There's only 1 episode left
                  What the hell is up with these short a$$ series. Doggone American gods was short too. We aint even gonna talk about GoT. Smh.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                    Watching it now. It’s great to see Barry keoghan playing a part, such a talented actor. I knew him growing up, the guy has had such a difficult life.

Anyway, another great episode. Truly is a magnificent series.
                    i saw an article on online where they said that the show left out a lot of the brutal gruesome details because they thought people couldnt handle it and wouldnt believe it.

love that part about how the core site explosion is so radioactive that machines start to malfunction and cant work so they send out bio robots. gawd damn....

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    excellent show...depressing af but brilliantly written

i dont care that its a bunch of 'soviets' with brit accents
                    i do. i dont know why they just dont hire russian actors. or is that a no no in the age of trump??? this is an hbo show.

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                    I'mma go check it out season 1 & 2 where top shelf. One of my favorite shows tbh.
                    id say gomorrah is on the same level as sopranos the wire when it comes to gangster crime dramas. season 3 was pretty good. not as good as the s1 and s2 but still very good. s4 is probably the weakest of all the seasons but still pretty good and still entertaining.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X